ok i have a spencer stratocaster and i was cleaning it up and the bottom E string broke... do i have to get a whole new set of strings and if so what kind?

thanks
How were you cleaning it...?
Anyway, you don't HAVE to get a whole new set. Go down to the guitar shop and ask them to put a new string on for you. Depending on how old the strings are you might be better off getting a new set... What kind you get basically depends on how much you're willing to spend...
it had a lot of dust between the srings... but the strings are about 2 years old....
2 years?!?!?!?!?!?!

...you most definitely should replace them all. it will sound a million times better.
well i didnt play much.... but i know my older brothers go in there sometimes and messes around but other than that they havent had much playin on them
Quote by juststartin
well i didnt play much.... but i know my older brothers go in there sometimes and messes around but other than that they havent had much playin on them

get a set of d'addarios
ok but what sizes.... i dont play in a band or nothing so i just need something regular
9s or 10s
if u say to the guy at the shop "gimmi strings"
then say "gimmi the cheapest brand" and say "9s" u'll get w/e man
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ghs, ernie ball, d'addario, dr: make sure you get good quality strings
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
And for the record... You might want to think about changing your strings every 6-8 weeks, although that depends on how much you play... If you're really unsure take your guitar into the shop.
i used to take lessons.... and maybe my mom will start bringin me back and the man that teaches will tell me when to change them