Hi guys, I need info about guitar pro and opinions from you guys if its worth buying or not. How much does it cost?

Is it worth buying? I want to listen to the tabs which is probably the most worth it thing from the software. What do you guys think?
I thaught it was free off the site... Or did i download it from limewire? hhmmm dont remember..... probably shouldnt leak info like that. lol i think GP4 is free of the site. i have 4 and 5, and i always use 4, 5's (realistic sound engine) sounds like shit. and with 4 i dont have to wait 5 minutes for all the tracks to load.
It used to be "more worth it" when www.mysongbook.com was still usable, but I think it's still a useful tool.

I suggest actually BUYING IT since somebody put lots of time and effort into creating it for people.

Don't be a cheap asshole.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
if your rich...buy it....if your not...www.limewire.com download that then open it and in software search guitar pro and click on the one u want and click download. easy
Quote by _-Skeletor-_
if your rich...buy it....if your not...www.limewire.com download that then open it and in software search guitar pro and click on the one u want and click download. easy

^Yeah because $50 is soooooooooooooooo much money.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
personally i dont really like guitar pro. the idea is really good but it seems like too much of a pain in the ass.
If you have a good computer with alot of RAM and hard-disk space, its really cool and usefull, so it all matters on if you have a decent enough computer and are WILLING to pay $50 for it (hmmmmm Bearshare!?)
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
If you're gonna use it just for listening to tabs, then I don't think it's worth 50 dollars. But if you're going to use everything it has to offer, which you can look at at the website, then I would think it's worth it. I downloaded it free...because I just listen to tabs to help me with the pattern and all...But, I decided that I'm going to buy Guitar Pro 6 because I feel guilty not buying it.
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
Guitar Pro = god, there is no questioning it's divinity. None. I find it much more user friendly than Power Tab; plus, it can import power tabs. Much much more than a tab program, you can write any music in it. If you have the money, I'd invest in it; even if you don't play guitar, it's a kickarse program for composing music.
Quote by _-Skeletor-_

The problem with that, if you don't get the right one, you get a virus and your computer is screwed. You have to find the right one. It's a zip file, and it's like 166 size wize I think...
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
snwpaint32, not to be an ass, but the computer nerd that i am, i think its funny how you talk about RAM and HDD space like you know your stuff, but then go on to recommend Bearshare, the most spy-ware filled program out there besides Kazaa(is that even still running?). and to CamPie, the file would have to be over at least 8MB, seeing that GP4 is a 8.55mb file, and GP5 is a 369MB file, wow.
Quote by Schmidt1989
snwpaint32, not to be an ass, but the computer nerd that i am, i think its funny how you talk about RAM and HDD space like you know your stuff, but then go on to recommend Bearshare, the most spy-ware filled program out there besides Kazaa(is that even still running?). and to CamPie, the file would have to be over at least 8MB, seeing that GP4 is a 8.55mb file, and GP5 is a 369MB file, wow.

Yup. Kazaa 3.2.5 "It's Fast, Safe, and Free"

haha right...

And the file I downloaded, the zip file, is 166.8MB...so, I wasn't actually wrong there big boy.
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
Quote by CamPie
Yup. Kazaa 3.2.5 "It's Fast, Safe, and Free"

haha right...

And the file I downloaded, the zip file, is 166.8MB...so, I wasn't actually wrong there big boy.

LOL, when you said 166 size wize on your other post, i thought u meant 166kb and Im like WTF? Haha, that cant be right.
Quote by pinoyplaya
LOL, when you said 166 size wize on your other post, i thought u meant 166kb and Im like WTF? Haha, that cant be right.

Haha yeah, in my other post I was going to put the unit of size but I forgot what it was so I just put the number..then I went and looked at the download to see what it was.
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
**** powertab. and CamPie, i wasnt dogging you, i was just telling you the size the zip file would be about, but if yours was 166mb then ill assume its version 5 because once expanded it goes to 369, to where as 4 is a bit(hahaha not literally a bit(wow im a nerd)) above 8mb, so a zip for 166 would be wrong, the zip for version 4 would probably be around 3mb give or take a meg. so i wasnt doggin, just trying to be somewhat useful to the boards.
Quote by Schmidt1989

Yeah, p2p should be used very sparingly for anything outside of individual mp3's. Torrents are the best way to go. Also, your computer most suck if any GP is space heavy.
garden of grey, no it doesnt suck, ive got a TB(my dads a movie editing person thingy) so i didnt really mean 369 was space heavy, just heavy in relation to version 4, because its only aroun 8.