ok for the last couple days ive been doing nothing but intense scaleing, and trying to bend high notes as far as possible as a result ive ended up with a 3-4mm cut on my third finger which started to bleed while i was playing, its fairly deep i can actually see tissue. Now i have to wait for it to heal before i can start busting it up again.
you may laugh but im thinking of super glueing the cut back toghether, lol. i heard
nail varnish is good to avoid this dellema, and thoughts suggestions??
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
that really sucks, i've joked about playing till my fingers would bleed but its never actually happened, that glueing idea doesnt sound very safe, as much as it sucks I would wait it out dude
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Just do what you'd normally do for a cut. Neosporin (sp?) and band aids. It'll heal up faster that way...

The super glue idea would work, however it's also got a very high risk of infection and then you could loose your finger (or hand) perminently. That would REALLY suck.
Stevie Ray Vaughn used to glue his finger tips back on, of course he played 13s
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Depending on the wound, it might be better to leave it uncovered. I had a nasty cut on my hand once and it turned white after having a Band-Aid on it for 3 days. Once I took it off, and let the skin breathe, it healed in a day.

Don't forget to inspect your strings for rust, since you said it bled while playing.
You didnt get any blood on the neck of your guitar did you?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
no there was no major gushing, lol , just a bit in the cut
My gear:
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Quote by giorgio1210
i've joked about playing till my fingers would bleed but its never actually happened

When I got my first real 6-string, I played it till my fingers bled. This was back in the summer of '69.

Seriously though, just put the guitar down when your fingers begin to hurt. It's not just the skin, nerves and bones get strained as well.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jan 6, 2007,
When I first got my acoustic I played it til I got blisters that is about it but a couple of either weeks or days I cant remember which, anyway I have a callus on my finger. Unfortunetly I peeled it of. I have no clue why I did it but now I cant play my guitar heaps or it starts hurting thankfully the callus is starting to come back.
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
man what kind of strings are you on? some insane thin strings? sound pretty impossible, the most i got was blisters, but i used thicker strings like 0.10 , 011.

anyway, once the end of the strings went in underneath my nail while i was changing strings
.9s to .46 i think, its the high E that caused it, im bending with pinky heaps but the third finger seems to be taking the pressure for it
My gear:
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
if you glue it ... im sure your going to infect the cut ... and bad stuff will happen
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
as some kind of a godsend in the same drawer i found band aids in i found super glue right next to it, ha . tell you how i went tommorw. fingers crossed, lol
My gear:
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
your prob right....maybe i should think it over
My gear:
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Quote by defmetal101
your prob right....maybe i should think it over

yeah ... maybe
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
you should've tried that liquid band-aid stuff. i use it when my fingers get cut up. it's basically medicated, sterile superglue.
just leave your finger in the open air... and it should heal pretty quickly... and try using thicker strings, they give you calluses easier which makess it harder for your finger to start bleeding... =]
I had a fingernail completely ripped out at work one day, and aside from excessive bitching, never really did anything aside from bandages - that is, until I ran out. Now it is growing in really weird, and I'll probably have to sand it off and try again, lol.

The moral of the story is: cover the wound or you're gonna get pwned.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
superglue works great, i sliced open my index finger on my fretting hand on a night i had a show, so i bought some super glue and sealed it shut, gotta spread the coat out across most of the tip of the finger so there arent any edges to catch and tear the glue off
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
U got cut by bending too hard is no as retarded as gttin stabbed on the index finger while trying to close a foldable umbrella................wound heal but there's one big hole where a layer off my skin supposed to to be.Could not play for a week=NOT COOL
i dont get cuts...the end of my fingers are like leather
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Quote by defmetal101
ok for the last couple days ive been doing nothing but intense scaleing, and trying to bend high notes as far as possible as a result ive ended up with a 3-4mm cut on my third finger which started to bleed while i was playing, its fairly deep i can actually see tissue. Now i have to wait for it to heal before i can start busting it up again.
you may laugh but im thinking of super glueing the cut back toghether, lol. i heard
nail varnish is good to avoid this dellema, and thoughts suggestions??

ouch... i used to get my fingers really sore from playing but never actually had them bleed... i used to get blisters...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
it's a bit anoying when your fingers are messed up, just lots of rest for your fingers. but the glue isn't a bad idea, but maybe only if it's an emergency. legend has it that superglue was originally used to patch up wounded soldiers in 'nam. ever wonder why it sticks to you skin so well, but nothing else.
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join