So anyway, after I re-painted my brothers cheap Squire Bullit, and now it has new strings on it, i am now playing it through an old crate amp. The strange thing is that it sounds pretty incredible. Im pretty sure it never used to sound this good but now it sounds like a real strat (and yes, ive played a few real strats), it even gets the stratty sounds of people like SRV, Hendrix and John Mayer.

Anyway, I thought id just share that with everyone.
^John Mayer is a great Strat player. Have you heard him play his blues stuff? It's incredible.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
lies upon lies upon deciet upon lies!!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
it could happen i guess. when i took the paint of and sanded down the laquer on mine i got a hell of a lot more tone then i used to. its because it can vibrate better i think. plus i put big strings on it so that adds more tone as well.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that any guitar is a good guitar if you like it.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Hey Swatman, you need to hear his recent bluesy stuff, his playing is incredible and well worth checking out.
some squires are ok. it could just sound good coz ur using it thru a really nice amp =) But there is a chance its a good guitar :P
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Oh no, it isnt a really nice amp, its my rhythm guitarists 12 year old crate amp, but the clean is pretty good. Cant wait to get my carvin back tho, then ill see what it really sounds like
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
U can get rid of the squier logo and slap on a fender decal.......

Where can you buy a fender decal? Or a gibson/epiphone one for that matter. I want one
Quote by Gibson Phoney
Where can you buy a fender decal? Or a gibson/epiphone one for that matter. I want one

Swap the logos and see how many experienced guitarists you can make think that's a real Fender.

To get the decals, eBay is your best bet.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
Swap the logos and see how many experienced guitarists you can make think that's a real Fender.

To get the decals, eBay is your best bet.

i would probably know if it's a fender or a squier. but i couldn't agree more to this topic - Squiers are pretty good for the money, the standard series are pretty decent guitars, particularly the Teles. I recently put ernie ball .10s on my Tele, now it sounds and plays just as good as a fender.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
the problems wt bullets is that they are made of hardwood. and tend to lose shape and tune after a while.

john mayer is a really good player.^ saw him play live. very impressive.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The problem with squiers (or any low budget mass produced in Indonesia guitars) is the quality control, which makes these guitar VERY hit or miss.

If buying an instrument that is considered cheapo, try it out because 2 of the same guitars can be of very different quality. Don't buy these guitars over the internet is my advice, try them out! There will always be models that just happen to come out of the factory real nice
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
this is really off topic but...

why does john mayers strat always looks so ****ing small?
Is he like, eight feet tall and 300 lbs?

Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
that's pretty strange looking...
as for sqires, it seems pretty random, as was said before, one can play like crapp and another can be great. and little things like intonation, string height, and poor electronics. Has anyone here played a squire that didn't crackle when you turned one of the knobs?
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join
Quote by DeadMansCurve
So anyway, after I re-painted my brothers cheap Squire Bullit, and now it has new strings on it, i am now playing it through an old crate amp. The strange thing is that it sounds pretty incredible. Im pretty sure it never used to sound this good but now it sounds like a real strat (and yes, ive played a few real strats), it even gets the stratty sounds of people like SRV, Hendrix and John Mayer.

Anyway, I thought id just share that with everyone.

I like how you made no changes that would have an effect on the sound, but suddenly now it sounds good.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by the snow queen
Has anyone here played a squire that didn't crackle when you turned one of the knobs?

my squire tele dosent.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i have a squier 51' and it seriously kicks ass.

the thing with squiers is they feel cheap thats why they get bad rep but they dont sound that bad.
Quote by hamish5178
this is really off topic but...

why does john mayers strat always looks so ****ing small?
Is he like, eight feet tall and 300 lbs?

he is TALL...6' 2" ish, but hes not fat by any means and for everyone here...check his TRY! and Continuum albums, songs especially 'Slow Dancing In A Burning Room', Hendrix Cover 'Bold As Love', 'Belief'..all of em check them all out
you cant tell me this doesnt look good

GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
Well, it obviously has many flaws still, such as noisy pickups, useless tuners, but i think that the sound might be better because i didnt make the finish too thick, so maybe the wood breathes more.
Quote by echofreak
i have a squier 51' and it seriously kicks ass.

+1. Getting one for myself in two months time.
Quote by E Daws
I like how you made no changes that would have an effect on the sound, but suddenly now it sounds good.

replacing the strings and playing through a different amp doesn't effect sound?

...idiot.
just to let u know, Made Of Metal,i jsut siged u
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

Member #3 of the Ibanez RG Owners of the World club. PM user rockownsyou to join
Quote by JDawg4098

replacing the strings and playing through a different amp doesn't effect sound?

...idiot.

Good point