My brother gave me this thing, he said it was a pup he had from the time when he played guitar and that it was for acoustic guitars, so here is the thing.

(sorry for the blurry pics)

It obviously is a pup, it has a pole with copperwire around it, covered in some kind of plastic circle, its wax potted, then it's connected to a pot that reads B100K that regulates volume and from there to the, 1/8" output jack.

I connected the thing to my amp, and unless the pole was directly on top of the low E string a couple of mms away of it, no sound would come out, guess that is common since thats how electric guitars pups work, although this seems to be the whole pup, how the hell it was supposed to pick up vibrations from all the 6 strings still puzzles me.

Is there anything I could save from this little pup, any way to fix it, or should i just toss it in the garbage?

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by TonyRandall
dont toss it!?!?.... id take it, want my address?

hmmmm, could it be a soundhole pickup of somesort?

Thats what its supposed to be, but it can hardly pick up the sound of one string

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
for an acoustic ... i guess it picks up the vib. in the sound hole ... makes sence
by what you said, it doesnt soudn liek you did it right
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
That looks to me like it is a piezzo style acoustic pickup, try pressing it down just below the guitar bridge and playing a note.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Try attaching it to the body? I'm curious about this...

thats what i meant, but i meant attach it to the inside, but somewhiere where you coulds plug into it and reach the volume
As stated above, it looks like a piezo pickup
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.