Alright, so here's the deal:

3 days ago, I got my eyebrow pierced at a respectable piercing parlor (Shrap Metal for any of you Colorado Springs Kids), and it felt perfectly fine when it happened. A little pinch and some pain, then within 5 minutes it was gone...

3 days later, my eyebrow hurts. And it's a little swollen and a little red. Now, I have an aftercare sheet sitting right here that says to expect some of that, but I have a few questions for those of you that have had piercings, especially eyebrow ones:

1) Did yours swell/discolor at all, or become sore with time?
2) How long did it take until your piercing was fully healed (you could touch it without even noticing any pain)?
3) If the condition gets worse, do you guys think I should go to the doctor?

Now I realize this is the pit, so 90% of my answers will be sarcastic ones like "Go bash your face against concrete then have sex with your dog-- that's what I did" but please, someone be serious
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
Go bash your face against concrete then have sex with your dog.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
^thats what i did :P

i dont have any peircings, so sorry
e|----------5-------7-5h7p5---5--
B|-------5----8p5-------------8---8p5--
G|-5h6-----------------------------------7b9r--p5---5b--
D|-----------------------------------------------------7-----7-7~~~
wow alter bridge... zing...
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Quote by MadMudgeN
Alright, so here's the deal:

3 days ago, I got my eyebrow pierced at a respectable piercing parlor (Shrap Metal for any of you Colorado Springs Kids), and it felt perfectly fine when it happened. A little pinch and some pain, then within 5 minutes it was gone...

3 days later, my eyebrow hurts. And it's a little swollen and a little red. Now, I have an aftercare sheet sitting right here that says to expect some of that, but I have a few questions for those of you that have had piercings, especially eyebrow ones:

1) Did yours swell/discolor at all, or become sore with time?
2) How long did it take until your piercing was fully healed (you could touch it without even noticing any pain)?
3) If the condition gets worse, do you guys think I should go to the doctor?

Now I realize this is the pit, so 90% of my answers will be sarcastic ones like "Go bash your face against concrete then have sex with your dog-- that's what I did" but please, someone be serious

What eyebrow piercing do you have?

I have a horizontal eyebrow piercing, and mine was somewhat swollen and such a couple of days afterward.

Also, expect it to bleed randomly at times. Mine did in my English class, and the girl beside me freaked out, causing the teacher to notice and caused a whole ruckus.

I had mine for about 1 month until it didn't hurt when I touched it. I've had mine for about 3 months now, seemingly fine despite a few bumps. I think it's about healed, but everyone is diff - maybe 3-4 months.

If anything gets worse, I'd go to the piercer first so they could tell you if it's just an "angry" piercing or infection or whatever.
you piercing will swell and hurt after a while. why dont you go and talk to your resepcted piercer and ask if its normal. trust me youd know if it was infected. keep cleaing it with sea salt and go to your piercer.
It is going to swell, and be a little uncomfortable for a while. It will take a few weeks for the pain to go away. Keep cleaning it and such to prevent infection and speed up the healing process.

If you're worried, go check in with your piercer.
eyebrow peircings are emo, my cousin has one and his ear peirced and we tease him and say he should connect a chain through them and to his belly button, cos that'd be coooool
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Jakester, you sound like my stupid ass conservative brother and dad. Everyone else that gave a serious answer, thanks. I figured it's nothing to worry about since I've been good and have been cleaning it 2x daily and not touching it. Thanks for the suggestions tho.

Edit: Oh yea, and Charlatan, I have a vertical Eyebrow piercing on the outside of my left eyebrow... I didn't even know you could do horizontal ones... sounds like it kinda defeats the purpose (well it would for me... dark eyebrows <--)
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Last edited by MadMudgeN at Jan 6, 2007,
Quote by MadMudgeN
Jakester, you sound like my stupid ass conservative brother and dad. Everyone else that gave a serious answer, thanks. I figured it's nothing to worry about since I've been good and have been cleaning it 2x daily and not touching it. Thanks for the suggestions tho.

not a problem mate. its all part of the service

btw if its swelling you should put some dettol on it. dettol disinfects everything
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
yea. The piercing shop said only use bactine, saline, or liquid soap or else they're not going to help you with your shit. There's all sorts of remedies on the internet... "Witch hazel, alcohol, peroxide, lotion, A+D ointment"... the list goes on forever : /
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
If you have a hoop, get a "Q Tip" dip it in isoprophol alcohol, and swab the entire piercing that is exposed, once dry, rotate the piercing a half turn. Do that daily, it keeps the piercing sterile, otherwise bacteria will creep into the piercing.

Wash the area of the piercing with clean soapy water twice a day or more.

Basically, just use common sense, think hygiene and keep things as clean as you can.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Quote by MadMudgeN

Edit: Oh yea, and Charlatan, I have a vertical Eyebrow piercing on the outside of my left eyebrow... I didn't even know you could do horizontal ones... sounds like it kinda defeats the purpose (well it would for me... dark eyebrows <--)

Well I do too, cuz I'm Asian, but it's not really inside the eyebrow. It's more above it.
aw....i want a piercing....
and if it still hurts after 2 more days about, see a docter, it mightve gotten infected or something
Who dat?
idiots - this belongs in the body modification thread - press the search button next time you friggin moron
Lasciate ogne speranza voi ch'intrate - Dante
Only the dead have seen the end of the war - Plato
?proxima quaque metit gladio? - Virgil