Page 1 of 2
So earlier this year one of my guitar buddies asked his dad if he would get him a new guitar. His dad told him that he would get him an a 2000 dollar guitar if he got a 3gpa for the semester. So I was obviously jealous of his situation so I went to my dad, being a smart ass, asking him for a 2000 dollar guitar if I got strait Bs, and he immediately responded, "I will if you get strait As" I immediately agreed, I was amazed, I was just bitching. So now my grade card came back and I got strait As, 4.2 GPA, somehow. So I went and got a PRS McCarty, in Violin Amber Sunburst, and it cost me 150 dollars in tax. I just wanted to brag.

By the way, my friend didn't get strait Bs. Hes pissed at me.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

sweet man looks like your pretty lukcy to me
ibanez rg 270

spider III 210
Do you have any means of income yourself? If not then you are one spoilt bitch.

But congrats on your purchase, or your father purchase.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by Cocnut Rag

He got a gift for eally good grades, so what? Just because you're poor/your parents don't like you/you're too old for your parents to buy you gifts for things like that doesn't mean you have some right to go around making comments like that.

TS, i take it that it wasn't actually 150 dollars? Cool guitar as well, but there's really no point in this thread without PICS!
Tax... screw that mess. Buy off of eBay!!! My gear equals enough to purchase a decent shape '69 Corvette.... but I'm not braggin' either
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by Cocnut Rag

I have been working at a hardware store for about a year, yes. Most of my equipment I purchased myself, all my pedals, my deluxe reverb, my deluxe strat, half of my american strat (bday) My champ was a present for my birthday, so was my pod, this is my first piece of equipment they have bought me outside of christmas/birthdays.

And yes, I believe I can play my guitars, pretty well for how long I have been playing, this is going to piss lotsa you guys off, year and a half. I don't shred, thus the two strats and fender amps, I can, it just isn't my thing.

Oh and about the pictures, I don't have it yet, I ordered it in Violin amber because they only had the amber at GC and I kinda had my heart set on the one I ordered, I will post them probably tuesday, when it comes in.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by RPotts
I have been working at a hardware store for about a year, yes. Most of my equipment I purchased myself.

Then we're all fine and dandy.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
lucky son of a bitch....
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by RPotts
So I went and got a PRS McCarty, in Violin Amber Sunburst, and it cost me 150 dollars in tax. I just wanted to brag.

150 dollars?! :O
i believe he means the tax was $150, its pry a 6% sales tax, that seems to be the standard anymore in the US though it could be more or less, but anyway congrats killer guitar have fun
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
i believe he means the tax was $150, its pry a 6% sales tax, that seems to be the standard anymore in the US though it could be more or less, but anyway congrats killer guitar have fun

Here in TN, we have 9.5% sales tax.
Quote by codybcool
He got a gift for eally good grades, so what? Just because you're poor/your parents don't like you/you're too old for your parents to buy you gifts for things like that doesn't mean you have some right to go around making comments like that.

TS, i take it that it wasn't actually 150 dollars? Cool guitar as well, but there's really no point in this thread without PICS!

I hate when people use the argument you just used.

I think everybody forgets, It's your responsibility to get good grades!

Jeez, spoiled brat.
That was cool of your dad.

So how about some pictures?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by wylde_overdrive

Jeez, spoiled brat.

It may be, but as put so correctly by minor threat "Live with what I have, take what I can get". Passing up your parents getting you something, for free I might add, is just ****ing stupid.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
yeah that does piss me off, do you have 6 arms?
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Quote by RPotts
So earlier this year one of my guitar buddies asked his dad if he would get him a new guitar. His dad told him that he would get him an a 2000 dollar guitar if he got a 3gpa for the semester. So I was obviously jealous of his situation so I went to my dad, being a smart ass, asking him for a 2000 dollar guitar if I got strait Bs, and he immediately responded, "I will if you get strait As" I immediately agreed, I was amazed, I was just bitching. So now my grade card came back and I got strait As, 4.2 GPA, somehow. So I went and got a PRS McCarty, in Violin Amber Sunburst, and it cost me 150 dollars in tax. I just wanted to brag.

By the way, my friend didn't get strait Bs. Hes pissed at me.

Wow, I'm a Valedictorian and my parents does not give me jack! Lucky you!
Quote by codybcool
My point stands, his parents bought him a gift, so what?

Because rewarding people when they do what's expected of them is just plain stupid.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Because rewarding people when they do what's expected of them is just plain stupid.

Maybe, but only on the parents part. Actually excepting it, or having the intelegence to ask for it and come through on it, it quite smart on his part. Refer to my minor threat quote.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Yeah, it's not great parenting imo, but it's not his fault, and if I was him I'd take them to the cleaners (edit: figuratively speaking!)
Quote by codybcool
What's all this valedictorian business about? Is it the best person in the clas

Valedictorian are people that are the top ranking in the entire school or class/batch. People that received straight A's throughout their High School Years.
WE NEED PICTURES YOU CRAZY SON OF A BITCH IM SPAZZING OUT!!!
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Nice man, congrats. Also why shouldnt he be rewarded for trying hard and doing well? His dad just gave him a goal to aspire too and he worked hard and got it. Spoilt? Hell no.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
Thats pretty awesome. I've always kinda wanted to have my parents do something like this, but the last time I asked, my Dad said "Ok, how about this, you get all As and Bs and.... you get to stay at your school!" I was like...
yeah, I get 4.0s but I get jack. My brother gets like $50 or something if he gets like Cs or Bs or something. It gets a lil annoying sometimes, but whatever. Of course not having a job doesn't really help either....
My Gear:

Epiphone LP-100
Alvarez acoustic

Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Marshall MG30DFX

Digitech DF-7
Crybaby Original
That's awesome, dude! Congratulations. I want that guitar so bad in natural.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
paretns give there kids different inisitives to get the job done ... congrast man ... almost i dont like the mccarty, im sure you love it
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by pierce34celtic
Same here, been a straight A student all my life, 4.4 GPA, no money rewards, just a pat on the back. Oh well

How in the world do you get a 4.4 GPA? And dont tell me that you took one extra class because no matter what, you shouldn't get a GPA higher than 4.0

You can take 20 classes and get all A's on them that would still be (4 x 20)/20 which is still 4.0 GPA. It's impossible to get more than that, unless your school counts it like this....

(4 x 20)/6

4 - Commutative Score for "A" Grade
20 - 20 Classes in one semester
6 - Normal number of classes in one semster.

That right there is 13.33 GPA! That can't be right! You shouldnt get more than 4.0 GPA
Quote by wylde_overdrive

Jeez, spoiled brat.

exactly. my parents get pissed if i make lower than a's/b's, not buy me gifts for making them. thats cool that you got a PRS though. congrats.
^^Jesus, he is probably talking about his weighted GPA. Most schools now offer different levels of courses. Usually 3 levels. The top level might get you a 5.0 for 100, 2nd level 4.5 for 100, bottom level 4.0 for 100. That way a kid who taking all hard level classes and getting straight A's will show up as better than the kid who took all low level classes and got straight A's.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Page 1 of 2