Hey,

I can get a really sweet looking silver pick with a personalized engraving on it and stuff for ten quid, but I've never played a silver pick before (though I heard good things about silver?), and I'm just curious if anyone here used one and how does that feel. I wouldn't mind it just for the show off value, as long as I can play at least the basic stuff with it - I just have no clue whatsoever as to how it's going to affect my sound or whatever.

So if anyone have any experience with that, please do share
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Well, it will wear the string away pretty darned quick, and the pick itself will wear down as well. I assume it's just silver plated or paint as opposed to a solid silver pick.
i really like metal picks, but you need to find a solid stainless steal one. if its painted, itll chip all over your guitar and fingers. brass is also good but thicker. and the sound is more bright.
I have a solid silver one. Made it myself, cut it out of a sheet of sterling silver (roughly 1mm) to the shape of a Fender pick and then smoothed down the edges. It's very stiff, hard to play chords with, and has a very bright sound. You should only use it if you're playing totally single notes in a song IMO.

It does look cool though :]
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I have a solid silver quarter that was pressed into a pick and it plays great. It is quite bright sounding and to some songs makes notes ring out better (or at lkeast to my ears it does). Id get one if you can, seriously.
Cheers, I think I'm getting it then Not worried about strings wearing down since I change mine every week or two anyway, will suck if the pick wears down fast though but I figure if I had one plastic dunlop serve me for two months now, a metal one should last quite a while longer.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Isn't silver quite soft? Seems to work though so go ahead!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
It's relatively soft as metal goes, but it doesn't bend without quite a bit of force. The pick is also quite small and therefore hard to exert a large force on it.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.