Hi. 3 days ago i bought my first guitar. It's an electric guitar and its the cheap type. The brand is TEXAS. I've never heard of it nor have found anything on the internet about it.
After a day, i realized something. The E (thickest) string makes a disturbing noise. Let me further explain. Independent of the tuning, how stiff or loose it is, when i hit(?) this string with fret 1 pressed down, the string vibrates and at the line(?) of fret 3 it vibrates hitting the line a little. So when i play that note, i also hear a sound which is the string countinuosly hitting the 3rd fret line. And if i play the 2nd fret, this happens with they 5th fret line. up until playing fret 8 or 9.
So i was wondering if i should go to the salesman and ask about it? I don't hear the sound from the amp, but it is kinda annoying.

thanks.
your action is to low, go to the shop and ask if they could heighten the action.
the action is the distance between your strings and fingerboard in case you don't know that.
Fretbuzz? Get your guitar set up.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Quote by Cardboard
That is not supposed to happen :p, you just bought yourself crap lol

he didn't buy crap you nOOb, it's just the action that needs to be adjusted
a similar problem happened to my friends bass. it got fixed with adjusting the bridge.

is it a strat shaped guitar?

you dont need to take it to the shop, if you have a really small 6 sided key. just raise the bridge's teeth (the chromish thing at the back...it has these 6 tooth things). every one of them will have 2 black holes in them. thats where the screws are. just screw them upwards. your strings should rise, and your problem is solved.
Last edited by zwound at Jan 6, 2007,
Yes, it is a strat.
Alright, thanks for the quick help. It's good to hear it can be fixed and I'm not stuck with it.
Quote by fender&gibson
he didn't buy crap you nOOb, it's just the action that needs to be adjusted

Hmm seems like you're a ****ing retard, if you buy a guitar you already expect it to be adjusted and tuned properly, if not than you got ripped off. And seriously who the **** would buy a guitar with a brand called Texas? And what is it with you lifeless asswipes calling others n00bs ?
not everyone wants to spend alot of money on their first guitar. plus not all unknown brands are bad.

especially if its his first guitar, he's fine, so stfu fag before i rape you with my explorer.
Quote by zwound
not everyone wants to spend alot of money on their first guitar. plus not all unknown brands are bad.

especially if its his first guitar, he's fine, so stfu fag before i rape you with my explorer.

Explorers are for suckers doing it all for the looks, bet you can't even play 1 ****ing scale.
stop flaming each other fools. action need to be adjusted. end of topic.
"no fightin'"
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Super overdrive
Ashdown Fallen Angel FA40DSP
relax. i was only joking. cant take a joke - that's your problem. and what does our llama of guitar greatness play with then? encore with a behringer amp, lol?
great. i dont even have an explorer. i just liked the idea of its cool head in your anus.

end of thread.
are fretbuzz really that huge of a problem? I have a fret buz on A string 1st fret but it doesnt make any difference when i play using my amp, I cant even notice the buzz on the amp. Will that matteR?