Poll: Do you like Avenged Sevenfold?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like Avenged Sevenfold?
Yes.
40 38%
Nooo!!!
59 57%
Never Heard them.
5 5%
Voters: 104.
Page 1 of 2
Well do you?? theres been alot of talk about them lately. I reckon theres alright and they music is ok but there live shows are horrible and they dress like douches
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Well do you?? theres been alot of talk about them lately. I reckon theres alright and they music is ok but there live shows are horrible and they dress like douches

Do you like penis in your butt? Their music is a rip-off, I don't think I've heard a single original riff in what they play (not that I ever listened much to them), and don't even get me started on their names or clothes. I love "Synyster's" guitar lessons though, it's hilarious to see how he fails at guitar.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
I don't hate em'.

Fuck their clothes, they have silly names.

Lol yeah , m shadows , The Rev... Zacky vengence , and syn. something.

I LOVE KENSAI
They suck...I'd rather listen to My Chemical Romance than them and we all know how much MCR suck, and yes, they do have silly names
yeah im not really into all this dress up in black and wearing eye shadowy stuff or whatever it is... but i liked them before everyone knew about them and then my friend found out about them and all he does is listen to them and dress up in his skinny black pants with his black shirt and wear mascara or whatever it is....... so he kinda ruined it for me
Quote by ar73m
Do you like penis in your butt? Their music is a rip-off, I don't think I've heard a single original riff in what they play (not that I ever listened much to them), and don't even get me started on their names or clothes. I love "Synyster's" guitar lessons though, it's hilarious to see how he fails at guitar.

haha So true.

I LOVE KENSAI
i like them, i dont much care what they call themselves or what they dress like aslong as i enjoy the music
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I despise them and wish them any death from the Worst movie deaths thread. I also hate this totally unnecessary thread.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Love 'em. City of Evil is genius. The movie-soundtrack-like score at the beginning of "Strength of the World"; the spanish acoustic guitar outro of "Sidewinder." it's prog.
Quote by true_bacon22
Do You know about the metal forum?

They are NOT metal.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by fluffylump2
Love 'em. City of Evil is genius. The movie-soundtrack-like score at the beginning of "Strength of the World"; the spanish acoustic guitar outro of "Sidewinder." it's prog.

i love the orchestral part to the wicked end aswell
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
They are alright. Ive got walking the fallen and city of evil. And like city of evil was ranked 63 or something in the greatest rock albums of all time but yeh. The only clothes i like is syns hat.

* wears anti flame shield*

Like one thing i never understood is how some people hate bands but they just dont stop dissing lol. I dont diss bands much and if i do i dont go over the top.

I just think in my head... (hmm that band/person is kinda gay)
Quote by soulflyV
yeah im not really into all this dress up in black and wearing eye shadowy stuff or whatever it is... but i liked them before everyone knew about them and then my friend found out about them and all he does is listen to them and dress up in his skinny black pants with his black shirt and wear mascara or whatever it is....... so he kinda ruined it for me

So you don't like them because they're popular..? Lamest excuse ever.

I love them, actually.

And seriously guys, stop bashing them, especially if you've only heard like 3 songs.
Apart from that, what use is there?
I don't post "z0mg I'm an immature metalhead **** and Green Day ****ing suck lololol" in every other thread?

Get a life, guys. Stop dissing music, any type of it.

Besides, wasn't Stevie Ray Vaughan just an emo in a new key?
Quote by The Leader
Same difference? Meaning its differences are exactly alike, and are parallel in opposite? So they have the exact same thing wrong with them. Two identical twins have scars, but the scars are in the exact same place, so their differences are the same.
Quote by true_bacon22

Yes, it's where metal bands can be discussed...t00l...

I like A7X personally. I just like guitar music in general.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Awful band.

The people saying "metal forum" make me LOL.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by true_bacon22

please please please, someone go and post about A7X in the metal forum

*gets popcorn and sits back to enjoy the show*
My personal reason for hating Avenged Sevenfold isn't even that "Synyster Gates" sucks at guitar or that their music is a recycled rip off of what was done before, nor the fact that I just plain can't stand them. There are plenty other bands that are worse in every aspect.

The reason is very simple - they are a great example of how f*cked up the current music scene and culture is, that's all. I don't have a problem with Avenged Sevenfold - but I do have a problem with all the credit they get for being so great and being so awesome - because there's thousands bands out there that are so much more talented than them yet they are stuck in oblivion simply because they don't get enough promotion or because the powers that be decided they wouldn't be able to make as much money off selling them.

Or something along these lines, anyway.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
And A7X are metal, at least their first to albums. Just like Good Charlotte is punk.
You might think it's crappy metal, fine, but metal nonetheless.
Quote by The Leader
Same difference? Meaning its differences are exactly alike, and are parallel in opposite? So they have the exact same thing wrong with them. Two identical twins have scars, but the scars are in the exact same place, so their differences are the same.
Quote by .Sidewinder.
And A7X are metal, at least their first to albums. Just like Good Charlotte is punk.

Please post that in the metal forum...you've been here almost a year. You still need some sense knocked into you.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by .Sidewinder.

No.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

syn gates = slash wannabe, watch the seize the day video, you'll unerstand.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by .Sidewinder.

Besides, wasn't Stevie Ray Vaughan just an emo in a new key?

how dare you insult him like that.

Stevie didn't blow ass at guitar, wear makeup or have a shitty fake name.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
I have 3 friends who were gonna see an A7X show on the tour that they cancelled; When they found out it was cancelled, two of them actually cried, and the other wouldn't speak to me for a week.

Typical sevenfold fans
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
A7X isn't bad. Not wonderful, but not bad. They have some good songs. However, I agree with most other people here in saying that the band members' names sound like seven-year-olds' attempts at sounding cool.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
I heard 2 songs by them. I liked neither, it may be a little unfair to judge by two songs, but for me, it's enough to vote "Nooo!" in this poll.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I like them before City of Evil. That cd (and the press garnered from it) ruined them for me.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by Izz
Metal forum?
Yes I hate them too by the way. Bloody awful.

Yes, metal forum

They suck and I hate them.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by SOTY13
A7X aren't really metal to me anymore.I know that Matt Shadows can't scream anymore(becoz of the surgery) but his singing is poor(well to me anyway) he always hits bum notes when he sings live and most of the old material that is high pitched like Unholy Confessions sounds so stupid without screaming.City of evil is poor its just a rip off of metallica,iron maiden,guns n roses and pantera etc.They've also changed their look aswell becoz they've changed their music and are a bunch of posers.Sounding The Seventh trumpet & waking the fallen r lethal albums though but unless shadows can improve his singing and write better lyrics than the city of evil they'll b sellouts.

Exactly. Shadow's lack of screaming really irritated me. I know he can't, but still. That didn't constitute the drastic change in sound they had.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
love them, don't really like Shadow's voice though, some of his screaming is ok.
DANK MEMES
Page 1 of 2