ok prepare for the rant...............................................

now i dont have a problem with youtube, good site, but its the people who post videos of themselves playing guitar on it, just to show off. its ok if its their own song or they are just improvising, or even thos kids posted yesterday playing dani california, but the people who just play the solo or the intro or something, like that harry potter one somebody posted a few minutes ago. and most of the time they play it really badly or wrong. i dont see the point, what do they achieve? nothing but a load of other people flaming them.

if there is anyone here who has posted a video of themselves playing guiar on youtube, can i ask why cus im guessing you wonts say to show off.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
I posted myself playing the solo to like a stone by audioslave just to test out and show people my whammy.

Nobody flamed me or anything.
If someone wants to tie a noose around themselves let em'. I don't see anything wrong with them just playing in a room by themselves. but if they're performing at a gig, they better have a good excuse.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I posted myself playing the solo to like a stone by audioslave just to test out and show people my whammy.

Nobody flamed me or anything.

well thats alright but the people who just want to show off
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
Quote by fondeedoodle
well thats alright but the people who just want to show off

Just let them do whatever they want?

If they've worked hard enough to learn to play something, let them post it for everybody to see. That way, if they suck at playing it, we can all make fun of their lousy effort.
I hate it when people play lame tunes with distortion and reverb and delay and chorus and tons of other effects. Like once I saw someone playing the family guy theme tune terribly. And people like to play game music.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
I hate it when people play lame tunes with distortion and reverb and delay and chorus and tons of other effects. Like once I saw someone playing the family guy theme tune terribly. And people like to play game music.

Dude, just let them play whatever they want.

You're not the internet police you know.
I think some people actually did good, like that one kid who covered "For the love of god - Steve Vai", he did one hell of a job and if he can play it so good than i guess he deserves to show off.
they just want to show to the world how they play, and to get opinions about their playing, and to be able to send the video fast to their friends. whats the problem? I don't see any "showoff" there.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I just found out that google baught youtube for 1.4 billion dollars.. jesus, imagine how rich the folks of youtube are now.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Oh i just love guitaraoky~~ people playing along with the song !!!!!
most of the time the real music drowns them out .
you should keep that to yourself , but if you have something real good and different~ by all means share it.
most people don't sound as good as they think !
but let them do it , it's just entertaining for us anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Necrolust
I just found out that google baught youtube for 1.4 billion dollars.. jesus, imagine how rich the folks of youtube are now.

lol, I had to.

Well, some people think they're really good and they 'show off'. But still, the thing about youtube, or any other website for that matter, is that if you don't like the contents you have the luxury of choosing not to look at it.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I think most of these kids posting vids, however lame, on youtube are making a helluva lot better use of bandwith than most posters on this forum are....
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Shut up about your fucking piece of shit video. Please.

And to threadstarter: don't watch them?

Quote by blackenedktulu
Do you mean people like this guy? He has a fan for his hair ffs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhAq_a9MiMY

Lol what an ass.

" herravoima (6 days ago)
Is that supposed to sound good? "

I lolled.

EDIT: I really hate high pitched solos and the people the threadstarter described always do that.
I think YouTubes great!! Sometimes when I cant play something, I'll search covers on Youtube to work out how they are using their fingers (the good videos mind). For singing and playing I use it to get idea for how people put their own spin on songs.

I havnt posted anything yet (as i dont have a camera), but i probably will eventually; not to show off, but to get feedback on my playing and critical analysis from a non-friend.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
i've never posted a video yet, but i suppose if they're not good, the purpose is for others to maybe give some constructive critiscism as to where they mess up or somehting like that, and if they're good, then i'ts prbly for comments, cause it helps out ur ego sometimes lol i dono
Quote by Cardboard
I think some people actually did good, like that one kid who covered "For the love of god - Steve Vai", he did one hell of a job and if he can play it so good than i guess he deserves to show off.

Like this guy?
Quote by el-ECTRO
You have the most awesome username ever. I am not worthy.

Timendi causa est nescire

I do see the threadstarters point though.

Take this guy for instance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWz0vzwd1M

All his covers are played very well but he comes off as a bit of a knob. "I intented to use this as a BT for other musicians etc." The fact that he disabled all his comments doent help either...
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Dude, just let them play whatever they want.

You're not the internet police you know.

Yea lol
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW
I do see the threadstarters point though.

Take this guy for instance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWz0vzwd1M

All his covers are played very well but he comes off as a bit of a knob. "I intented to use this as a BT for other musicians etc." The fact that he disabled all his comments doent help either...

Actually i think hes good...
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Quote by Vantage
Does he have an aura or something!?

Now that you mention it, it does look like he has one
Quote by el-ECTRO
You have the most awesome username ever. I am not worthy.

Timendi causa est nescire

Well I posted a few videos of me playing some Metallica riffs because I honestly just wanted to know what other people think of it so if people thought I sucked I could practise it more because I didn't know what to improve. People told me my timing was a bit off so I bought a metronome and now practise with backingtracks So it helped me a lot!

EDIT: Oh yeah and compliments also make you feel good about yourself .
when you type in a certain song, theres always a vid that comes up on someone playing guitar on the first page, and there are heardly any bassist and drummer vids
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab