ive just started trying to record some stuff im using the in line method the software im using is audacity. anyway to the point it picks up the sound and records fine but for some reason the volume of the recording is pretty low any suggestions to beef the sound up?

BTW ive read the stickies
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
If your using a mic then you will need a pre amp, if your plugging straight in with a guitar amp then just check all your volume levels on your guitar, amp, computer line in and audacity input, and if none of those, just turn up the tracks on audacity using the amplify effect
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
where do i check the computer line and audacity input im assuming the speaker in the bottom right is the computer line but what do i change??
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
^^Well check to make sure all your levels are up probably your "line in" for sure, also make sure nothin is mutted although there shouldn't be anything muted cause you are getting sound. (If you double click on that speaker in the bottom right it should give you advanced options

In Audacity under those giant ass play/stop/record buttons there are 2 variable bars, one has a speaker icon and the other has a mic icon, make sure the bar with the mic icon is up all the way and make sure you have line in selected
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
I don't know what you are plugging in to the line input (a PC mic, a guitar, a studio mic?). None of these will work well direct. The PC line input is a stereo input and you need to use a stereo source that has a output at line levels. That means you need a pre-amp or switch to a USB based pre-amp for your mic or instrument. A PC crappo mic will only work on the crappo PC mic input. I would not recommend even messing with that kind of setup.

If you have it setup right you will have tons of volume with little noise. Otherwise you will have a bunch of mushy crap.