9 14%
Symphony of Destruction-Megadeth
7 11%
Iron Man-Black Sabbath
9 14%
ThunderStruck-Ac/Dc
13 20%
Voters: 64.
What song should my band play for the talent show?
we are a 3-man group 1 drummer,1 lead guitar,1 guitar and vocals
no bassist i know we couldnt find one in time

:EDIT:
we only have a week before signup is due so we gotta pick one and reharse to guarnteed we dont suc
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
Last edited by Chevylegend454 at Jan 6, 2007,
What are some songs that you guys can play pretty well? How long have you guys been playing? What style of music do you play?

edit: oh shit, a poll.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Just play a song that all you guys can play to a good standard.

Better you play what might be deemed to be a basic song well rather than bugger up a hard song.

Play whichever song you're most comfortable with.
Most of those songs need two guitars.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I would have said "Go for Cemetary Gates" but you've got two guitars and no bassist, rather than one guitar and a bassist... Go for One, or try and get a bassist!
My school is mostly rap dominated last years talent show we had a white kid "freestyle" he sucked and we have 2 guitarist no bassits for eveyone who didnt get that fact
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
Dont do one, that song is untouchable, i say seek and destroy its easy on guitar, and you might get away with the bass, personally i would do a song that has no singing, i would say moby dick by zepp, good song just make the drum solo shorter. Though from the list def, seek and destroy
do thunderstruck. the intro sounds hard even though it isnt. anybody that doesnt play guitar will be impressed
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by boboguitar
do thunderstruck. the intro sounds hard even though it isnt. anybody that doesnt play guitar will be impressed

and anybody who does will complain to you after how you messed up in the tinyest way, although it sounds the same... trust me, school band tours, im the guitarist and for one school i did thunderstruck, and literally EVERYONE who played guitar bitched at me

you fail to specify what bands you listen to and infact what genre of music your band is. also to fix your bass problem, throw your other guitarist a bass. you can take one song like through fire and flames that sounds totally hard and it will be easy as hell.
play thunderstruck, video it, post it. if you lose to some white kid rapping, i will hunt you down...no pressure though
When all else fails, ask the pit.
no bassist :| your in trouble

like the other guy said, ac/dc would be best if u have to do it without bass
Quote by jincasa

you fail to specify what bands you listen to and infact what genre of music your band is. also to fix your bass problem, throw your other guitarist a bass.

we thought of that but we're both broke and we've put to much time and money into guitars to drop it for bass

and I kinda figured the songs i listed would give you a rough idea what we listen to and what music we play
Quote by Stop Messin'
you dont have to have a guitarist completely drop guitar, just for this song to play bass. And whoever said u could play nirvana cuz they had that setup is wrong, wrong wrong wrong. They have a drummer, bassist, and guitar/volcals, and bass plays a pretty big part in most nirvana songs.
Last edited by fjaloser at Jan 6, 2007,
couldnt you rent a bass guitar? the long and mcquade in my city lets people rent for $24 a month (and i bet your american, so if you could rent from somewhere it would be cheaper)
you dont need bass for One anyway cos metallica took all the bass out of the ..and justice for all album
Gear: ESP MH250 NT
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
I'd say Thunderstruck. Easy, fun to play, and its a great song to play at concerts. It's also do-able with just two guitars and percussion.