I am a noob, :P

I have just started on the guitar, been playing for around 2 months, and i have a very annoying problem.

Basically, on frets 10-18ish on the b, g and d strings i get this really annoying buzzing noise, don't tell me i'm fretting it wrong because i have tried many positions and pressures and it still buzzez no matter what.

I have a Squier strat, maybe it's the strings? How often should i be changing the strings?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by theblackratss
I am a noob, :P

I have just started on the guitar, been playing for around 2 months, and i have a very annoying problem.

Basically, on frets 10-18ish on the b, g and d strings i get this really annoying buzzing noise, don't tell me i'm fretting it wrong because i have tried many positions and pressures and it still buzzez no matter what.

I have a Squier strat, maybe it's the strings? How often should i be changing the strings?

Thanks in advance.

Squier guitars tend to buzz a lot. Thats why I exchanged mine for this Yamaha.
do a search in theese threads for fret buzz im sure at least one person has had the same problem
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
I wouldnt say that it is the strings. It seems that there is a chunk in your guitar that buzzes. Like you said, its the 10-18 fret on the B, G, and D strings, which if you look at a guitar, is a rectangle shape that tends to buzz. I would get it checked out wherever you bought the guitar.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Tighten these screws on that particular strings, accordingly and slowly to raise your action.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic