I currently have an Epiphone Les Paul (and i love it), but I'm starting to think about my next guitar (something that would be a step up from the Epiphone). I also really want a guitar with a locking tremelo, so I can do all the cool stuff that Vai, and Joe Satriani do (They are my big guitar influences). I've been playing a few guitars , to help make my decision and the two so far that i really enjoyed were the Ibanez JS1200, and the Jackson SL3 Soloist. Out of these two guitars, which would you recomend? Is there any other guitars you think I would like? Remember, i want something around $1000-$1500.
JS1200 is great, but I don't like sig guitars in general so meh. As for the Soloist... I was going to suggest you that myself It's a wonderful guitar, fast action, good trem, very good pickups - don't really have anything bad to say about it. Get it
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
At $750 the Ibanez RG1570 is a lot of guitar for the money...why I bought one. Used 550 or 570 also have the good trems on them...You may not need to spend $1000-1500...
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
Last edited by Yoder at Jan 6, 2007,
^yeh maybe you could do that and get an amp upgrade if you need one? The Soloist is an amazing guitar though
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
I'll check out the ibanez 1570. The less money i need to spend, the better. I trust ibanez, they make some very good quality guitars.
Check out the high end schecters I went from an epiphone to a schecter c1 classic they are great guitars ive even heard people say they are as good as a guitar double the price. Ibanez are also good guitar if you want A floyd rose but if not definatly get a schecter
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
I think schecter makes a C-1 (maybe a different model) with a Floyd Rose
Quote by Satch21
I think schecter makes a C-1 (maybe a different model) with a Floyd Rose

yeah they do the c1 hellraiser FR
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
I checked out the C-1 Classic on the schecter website, and its definetly the most beautiful guitar I would be considering so far.

Is there some special 5-way switching on the guitar, it showed something like that on the site, but I couldn't understand it?
Jackson SL3 Soloist ftw!

It's a great guitar, waayyy better than a C-1 and definetly better than alot of the Ibanez's but I can't really compare it to the JS1200. The SL3 is just great and is cheaper than it should be imo.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
$1500 eh...

Try this
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
the solist is a very nice guitar, my recomendations would be either a shecter c-1 hellraiser fr or an ibanez rg1570 witha p'up change.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I'll try to check out all those guitars you recommended (I can probably find them at guitar center). Also, what are your thoughts on the Ibanez S series? The Prestige S's look pretty cool to me me.
Soloist definetely
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn