i got my bass last night n i have already got blisters on all four fingers form popping, question is will they heal up quicker if i cut them open or will they heal quicker if i let em be n stop playing for a while?
POST FINDER
You should definetly just let them be, they will heal much faster and be a lot less painful.
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

but it was odd, we didn't have anything overly important stolen

and among the stolen items: Bananas

Quote by Vantage
Some guy stole one of my pants and the plastic bottles.
I got that and just kept playing, my fingers bled, but its all part of learning. Go through the pain, now i dont get blisters any more and my fingers are much harder
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I just kept playing until they popped and then played some more.
You'll be fine if you decide to play more or not though.
Bass is my life.
i got that...i just carried on playing till they bled. it hurt like a bastard but it was worth it coz my fingers never blister anymore.
a friend of my dads whos an ex soldier insists on an old army trick to harden the skin, namely soaking said appendage in ur own piss........no thanks =]
It's much better to leave blisters be. So long as they're closed, it's a closed wound and won't get infected. I've also found that if you start to get a blister, just play enough over the next couple days to keep the blister there, but without it growing, and then when it does heal, it leaves a very thick callous.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
leave them. When you pop them, the old skin dies and falls off so you have to rebuild the callouses. When you leave them, the skin doesn't die and you keep the callouses you allready have. And it's also less painfull.
A trick I learned when I had to play with blisters was to tape in your fingertips with medical tape. It's sturdy and it supports your fingers. It's like a second skin. It keeps your blisters intact and it holds it all tightly together so it doesn't hurt as much.

And to all the guys that don't have blisters anymore: try switching to upright You'll get a nice set of blisters underneath the callous... Now that hurts
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
Paul McCatney had that problem once, while they were recording the White Album
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Mongoose87

What, blisters? I'd imagine most bassists would while recording
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by Mongoose87

Nope on Helter Skelter, that was Ringo at the end...
I burnt my finger on a plate once, so I put a Band-Aid on it. A day or two later I was rocking out and I Noticed that my neck was all wet for some reason. So I looked and the blister had popped. I stuck the Band-Aid back on and kept playing. The Point is...

SUCK IT UP
Quote by The Hurt Within
Wow you really are a class 1 idiot.

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait...What the hell are we sigging?

CFA-I'm not only the president, I'm also a client

Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM nick dixon or stonegolem13 to join
Keep playing. Blisters lead to callous's, callous leeds to less painfull playing.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by anarkee
Nope on Helter Skelter, that was Ringo at the end...

Thnks for ruining the fun...
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
went through this with drums and bass. let them callous and then you wont blister anymore. DONT pop them.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
I've never had blisters from playing, though now the skin is a lot of tougher, I can dig my nails into my finger tips and not feel it. I want blisters
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by FunkMaster

And to all the guys that don't have blisters anymore: try switching to upright You'll get a nice set of blisters underneath the callous... Now that hurts

Ahh the sweet feel of blisters under blisters on your fingers. I hate it when I pop a blister accidentally and it squirts everywhere.
Ahh the sweet feel of blisters under blisters on your fingers. I hate it when I pop a blister accidentally and it squirts everywhere

ew dude
You should only drain a blister if it's a big one, but the small one's people sometimes get playing bass are never very large, so to beat a dead horse, leave it.
Quote by smeechalot
i got that...i just carried on playing till they bled. it hurt like a bastard but it was worth it coz my fingers never blister anymore.
a friend of my dads whos an ex soldier insists on an old army trick to harden the skin, namely soaking said appendage in ur own piss........no thanks =]

OMG!!! some irish builders told my dad that aswell.
Originally Posted by bassmanjoe08
back in '76 i pried the frets off of jaco pastorius's bass hoping he wouldnt play as good.................damn did that backfire
well the one on my little fingers popped and hurts like a bitch, i got a medium one on my middle finger , a massive one on my index and my ring finger just hurts.
POST FINDER
Quote by Mongoose87
Thnks for ruining the fun...

Truth, like blisters, hurts on occasion.
put glue on the tips of your fingers it helps
Quote by MDoggDX316
I would pick God. I bet he is a closet shredder who just pretends to like blues.

Quote by jesusgonewrong
Guys, guys this is the bass forum, we don't need to be abusive. Leave that for the pit.

Shaved Member of the Bass MIlitia. PM Indiemetalhead to join