I came up with this progression (not saying I invented it!) although I'm sure its been done before, but basically I was curious to know what chords it was based on:

e---x--x-----x--x-|
B---x--x-----1--0-|
G---0--2----0--0-|
D---0--0----0--0-|
A---0--0----3--2-|
E---3--2----x--x-|

Thanks!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I'd say

Gadd9, D/F#, Cadd9, Em7/B

But the first chord is a bit weird... sure you don't want to hit a normal G? But hey, don't let me put a stop on your creativity!
I dunno, I kinda like the disonance (sp?).

SOrry about posting in the wrong place btw.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Your chords are..

Asus  D   Dsus  G
E|--x----x----x----x----|
B|--x----x----1----0----|
G|--0----2----0----0----|
D|--0----0----0----0----|
A|--0----0----3----2----|
E|--3----2----x----x----|

That's how I'd look at it, two V - I progressions. A being the V chord in the key of D, so Asus - D = V - I in the key of D, D being the V chord in the key of G, so Dsus - G = V - I in the key of G.

Another way would be to look at the Asus as a secondary dominant... so what you have is essentially a V/V - V - I chord progression in the key of G Major.

You might also look at it as just being a circle progression descending the circle of fifths.. A a perfect fifth down to D, D a perfect fifth down to G.

Btw, Asus and Dsus both mean A7sus4 and D7sus4 respectively. 1 - 4 - (5) - b7 and function as dominant 7th chords.

Also - this isn't in the wrong place.
Last edited by Johnljones7443 at Jan 7, 2007,
Quote by kevinw
its been used before in Swing Swing by All American Rejects.

Swing Swing uses the power chords G5, D5, E5, and C5, which is one of the most common chord progressions in rock music.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.