Im thinking of buying a Jackson Dinky2M and its got a Licenced Floyd Rose on it and ppl say that the licenced aint so good and would probably crap out on you.So i was thinking can you swap it to an Original Floyd Rose? If yes how can it be done?(sry if its a newb question but im not very experienced in these stuff)

P.S http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_dk2m_dinky_sw.htm << this is the jackson im thinking of buying.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Jackson DK2M(Coming Soon)
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Digitech Rp100 Effects Pedal
Before I went ripping apart a new guitar, I'd play it with the stock trem for a couple weeks. If you grow to hate it throught experience, then swap it, but you might find that it's fine for what you need.
^The problem is, it wears out. It's not that it doesn't work, it's just that it quits working down the line.

I'm not certain, but I think Diamond Dave replaced a Jackson LFR with an original with no hassle a few months ago, I don't recall the exact details though.
So basically i should jsut try it out and if it doesnt keep much in tune i should replace then not as soon as i buy it ?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Abuse the trem until its beyond repair or somesort, then only you get a better trem in there. Or else you'll just waste your money on it.

Also, try calculating the costs of both that guitar + new floyd rose. If they're close to a new better guitar with better bridge, definetely get that instead of this.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ +1.

also, genocide said recently that the jackson lfr's are made by schaller. That's quite intriguing, actually, and I have to confess that when I thought about it, the Jackson trems do have that characteristic "stiffness" that the Schaller I tried on the Washburn x40pro also had...

worth bearing in mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ +1.

also, genocide said recently that the jackson lfr's are made by schaller. That's quite intriguing, actually, and I have to confess that when I thought about it, the Jackson trems do have that characteristic "stiffness" that the Schaller I tried on the Washburn x40pro also had...

worth bearing in mind.

Schallers are stiff? I've never tried one, but I thought they were supposed to be great.
The Jackson Floyd on the DK2M is one of the better liscenced trems out there- however, it doesnt feel as smooth and it'll wear out quicker. An Original Floyd Rose will fit in the trem route with no modifications necessary. Just buy the new Floyd, change out the hardware and your set. Important sidenote- most new Floyd Rose sets come with an R2 nut- Jackson's come standard (for the most part, the DK2M is one of them) with an R4 nut so make sure you get an R4 replacement nut
-
Chris
Quote by Holy Katana
Schallers are stiff? I've never tried one, but I thought they were supposed to be great.

Well, try it yourself to really judge it. Different ppl, different opinion

And yeah, its great, basically just the same as an OFR imo.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jan 6, 2007,
Quote by Holy Katana

some people like stiff...

Could have just been an extra spring, I suppose, lol. But both the Jacksons and Schallers that I've tried have had stiff trems.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Will i be able to do stuff like satch does with the floyd ? im not very familiar with trems ive never had a guitar with a trem so im totally new to it...

Thanks also for being help i appreciate it cause wer i come from all the shops say the same stuff just as long as they sell u something and i think are not qualified and id prefer a professional and experienced opinion.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Yes, just cross your fingers that the tuning would hold up well
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Robot666
Im thinking of buying a Jackson Dinky2M and its got a Licenced Floyd Rose on it and ppl say that the licenced aint so good and would probably crap out on you.So i was thinking can you swap it to an Original Floyd Rose? If yes how can it be done?(sry if its a newb question but im not very experienced in these stuff)

P.S http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_dk2m_dinky_sw.htm << this is the jackson im thinking of buying.

i just bought that guitar today and with new strings, floyd abuse brought like 1 out of tune an like 2 flat, an after re tuning it hasnt gone out.. its really good, i wouldnt change it just yet
cheers guys for the advice and right now i just got another dilemma cause i tried one at the store and i tried some cleans it didnt sound so good and i love playing pink floyd and other clean stuff and my friend recommended a fat strat :/ i dunno but if the fat strat will give me a heavier type of sound for which i play like metallica megadeth etc...
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Fat strat doesnt have that FR system (unless you're thinking about FR strats). Did you try the Jackson on a decent amp? Pickups can be swapped later on if you're concern about it much.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i tried the jackson on this fender amp frontman i think...
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP Ltd Ex-50
Amp:
Laney Mxd120
Accessories:
Quote by Robot666
i tried the jackson on this fender amp frontman i think...

theres your problem right there lol
try it out on a halfway decent amp
Also, its got Humbuckers so its gonna sound hotter then Singlecoils. Roll down the tone and run the pickups together- that should sound better. And like someone else said- you can ALWAYS swap the pickups. The Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II is supposed to get awesome cleans and its a humbucker