dont know if this is the right place to post this, but ill post anyway :P

in The Pick Of Destiny, Jack Black has an awsome acoustic guitar. sort of like a SG, with similer "devil horns". What guitar is that? and where can i buy it, or a similar one?

thanks in advance
i rock more than gravel
in a recent edition of total guitar he was asked about it and said that it was custom built for him, but i forget the name of the luthier. So yeah, you can't buy it anywhere, its a one off custom build
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
you cant buy it it was custom made jack designed it and this company made it you cant buy it and ill hav a search bout the ones like it
Finding as picture would help us help you!

Oh yeah, that sounds good. Haha.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Art/ENTERTAINMENT/Projects/Winter06_MovieGuide/movieguide_winter06_tenacious.hmedium.jpg">http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:BKNiVxc4-YGJXM:http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Art/ENTERTAINMENT/Projects/Winter06_MovieGuide/movieguide_winter06_tenacious.hmedium.jpg

Uhh, the logo on the headstock makes me think it might be a Guild. I've never seen that guitar before though, and I've still gotta watch that film. It any good?
ahhhh yea the devil horns acoustic. work of art practically.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by stevo192
in a recent edition of total guitar he was asked about it and said that it was custom built for him, but i forget the name of the luthier. So yeah, you can't buy it anywhere, its a one off custom build

totally true
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
It's a Farrington.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
ill put an end to this i quote from the tenacious d interview in total guitar

"Andy farrington made that. I needed a special guitar for the movie, and for a certain scene that has a lot of significance. It symbolises the friendship between Kyle and JB, and also all the rock power of an acoustic guitar, which is the strange magic behind The D. It's that we rock hard only with acoustics. So we wanted a guitar that would look metal but still be an acoustic, and they dont really exist. So i went to Farrington, who's one of the great luthiers..."

So thats an end to it its a made specially for Jack Black by ANDY FARRINGTON (so the hell is it a Wechter madeofmetal). Its a one off and you CAN'T buy it

And as a matter of interest, Jack Black says in the interview that Andy Farrington also made johnny cash's black beauty!
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Last edited by stevo192 at Jan 7, 2007,
another random point.........he does'nt play it live, both Kyle & JB used Gibson Dove Elvis signature models!!! Well......at least when I saw them!!
Acoustic Rig
Yamaha CPX 900 (Main)
Takamine EG531-SC (Backup)
Marshall AS50

Electric Rig
Gordon Smith GS2
Laney VC30 2x12

Bass Rig
Fender Japan '57 Reissue P-Bass
Ibanez EDA900 4 String Active
Peavey Tmax 500w Head + 15" Cab
dude i need to find jack somehow and give him EVERYTHING i own for that guitar!!! it is sooo sick!!!!!!!!
ill put an end to this i quote from the tenacious d interview in total guitar

"Andy farrington made that..."

Mystery Solved!

He's not the only one thinking along those lines, though- luthier Jon Kammerer makes a hollowbody that somewhat resembles a "puffed up" SG.

http://kamererguitars.com/detail.php?recordID=77
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
just buy one of those crappy dean warlock acoustics...

lol

and yeah.. he doesn't really use it live.. it was just for looks...

i thought it was funny how in the movie Kyle picked it up with a hardshell case for $200
Agreed.

A little while ago in the GB&C forum someone was meant to be attemping to edit a crappy acoustic he had into something similar to Jack Black's guitar. I don't think it came to anything though.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.