Those of you who read Guitar World will know the same "Defenders of Faith article". Anyway, in one issue, there were these two kids that really drew my attention.

PERSON #1(I won't say his name to protect the innocent and whatever)
Guitar Washburn Idol in transparent red
Songs I've been playing JerryC's "Rock Canon" and Satriani's "Surfing with the alien"

When I saw him, I thought to myself "Wow! This kid's talented! He's younger than me and he can play far better than me right now"

THEN I saw the picture right below him....
PERSON #2
Guitars Epiphone Black Beauty, Cort Earth 50 NS acoustic, Fender Fat strat and GK reissue Precision Bass
Songs I've been playing "Serrana" by Jason Becker, "Onset of Putrefaction" by Necrophalgist, and my own songs filled with sweeps and 260bpm tempos - as technical as I could keep it.

I read that and thought "Wow! What an arrogant little shit!"

Isn't there any way of stating that you're good at guitar without being a total dick?

The kid above him seemed like a good player who started early, but the second one to me seemed like such a ****ing showoff.

Maybe I'm just jealous (most likely)

Opinions?
If number two had stopped at "and my own songs" then he wouldn't sound cocky. What he says afterwards is obviously showing he knows he's fast and wants us to know, but then he adds some fake modesty which makes him sound even more of an arrogant little swine.
2nd person sounds like a total douche bag.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
the first one seem like satrinai for me and the second one is a malsmsteen wannabe, even in the attitude
He reminds me of that Malmsteen video.

"Hallo, everyone, I am amazing. Check me out" (a load of wrong notes) "Now, if I play that any faster, you might blow up, because I'm SO amazing"

"I am so fat"
The second person does sound rather arrogant...

But could they play something simple and not get bored?
Such an arrogant prick...
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Quote by sashki

"Hallo, everyone, I am amazing. Check me out" (a load of wrong notes) "Now, if I play that any faster, you might blow up, because I'm SO amazing"

"I am so fat"

I was going to comment that.

I don't mean to sound arrogant to any of you, but;

I actually taught God, how to play guitar.

Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by JamieB
I was going to comment that.

I don't mean to sound arrogant to any of you, but;

I actually taught God, how to play guitar.

And I'm able to practise for 63 hours a day. And to do that I must time warp by playing at 500000 notes per second. Well I have to kill a few... hundred people in the process.
Quote by sashki

"I am so fat"

I need linkage. PLEAASEE.

Yeah, the second kid sounds like a prick.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

I remember reading that Guitar World issue and seeing that, the 13 year old kid didn't really bother me I just kinda shrugged it off. Then I got to that 14 year old, I looked at his picture, then look at what he said and I felt like kicking his ass just for being a cocky asshole.
I recon theyre both lying some. If u can play that well, u dont play epiphones and cheap washburns. Everybody lies.
Well if he actually can play that fast then fair play to him... I don't think that you should be mad at someone because they're as good as they think they are.
I mean sure, it wasn't neccasary for him to state how fast he can sweep in his own songs but at that young age, being able to play and write like that and getting coverage on a magazine, I think most people would use that as a chance to get noticed... Can you imagine any bands in the area who read that and say "dammit he's good, lets get him".
It was a fair move although I wouldn't have made it.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Yeah I saw that in the issue, even in his photo he trie to look all dark and mysterious, what a douche
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Quote by Caressing Death
Well if he actually can play that fast then fair play to him... I don't think that you should be mad at someone because they're as good as they think they are.
I mean sure, it wasn't neccasary for him to state how fast he can sweep in his own songs but at that young age, being able to play and write like that and getting coverage on a magazine, I think most people would use that as a chance to get noticed... Can you imagine any bands in the area who read that and say "dammit he's good, lets get him".It was a fair move although I wouldn't have made it.

rofl yea, a band gets him. at the first practice, he tries to show off, sucks, they kick his ass. good turnout
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by Caressing Death
I mean sure, it wasn't neccasary for him to state how fast he can sweep in his own songs but at that young age, being able to play and write like that and getting coverage on a magazine, I think most people would use that as a chance to get noticed... Can you imagine any bands in the area who read that and say "dammit he's good, lets get him".
It was a fair move although I wouldn't have made it.

I'm not denying that he can shred like a cheesegrater, I'm just saying he shouldn't be such a prick. Look at the kid right above him: a year younger, plays Satch and Canon Rock. He deserves respect for being a good player. The dark and mysterious shreddy kid is just a showoff

Whoever requested the Malmsteen video, here it is!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_tuLEmWccM

EDIT: I just found this one, and completely Roffled myself
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XnSo0Qa_cA0&mode=related&search=
Check out Adam02's other videos.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 6, 2007,
well since im from the uk, they dont sell them here but when i was in america, i got gw and there was people saying stuff like that, they only say they can play stuff like that to actually get in the magazines.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
if second kid wouldve left out "filled with sweeps and 260bpm tempos - as technical as I could keep it.
" he would seem as modest as the first lol
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
They are working on those songs, doesn't mean they can play them perfect all the way through. Also to that arrogant post of "they are lying because if they could play those songs they would have better gear" BULLSH*T gear doesn't make a musician.
Fender Showmaster
76 Epiphone Riviera
SX LTD2
Ibanez Rg 7421 w/ Breed's
Line 6 Flextone 3
Presonus Firebox
Studio Projects B1 Condensor
M-Audio Studiopro 3 Desktop Monitors
Macbook 2.1 Ghz w/ 4gb Ram
Logic Express
Garage Band
the 2nd kids a douche. but, look at it this way. If somebody asks you what songs you can play, and you say a song, if its a fast shreddy song, how often is it that its a song you play all the way through? He probably cant play that stuff all the way through.

Also, this might just be me trying to talk him down. but, he says he can sweep real fast. well, since sweeping is one of the most difficult things to master, he probably doesnt do it very clean. He also doesnt sound like a big theory buff, so chances are, his sweeps are just random chords arpeggiated real fast.

BTW...pics?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Last edited by 6DgOfInTb at Jan 6, 2007,
Quote by OneShowmaster
They are working on those songs, doesn't mean they can play them perfect all the way through. Also to that arrogant post of "they are lying because if they could play those songs they would have better gear" BULLSH*T gear doesn't make a musician.

exactly. Good gear just proves you're not poor. And I'd probably be more impressed by someone who can play something good on a guitar that's hard to play.
i have that issue with those two kids lol

yea they sound pretty arrogant, i actually am a little skeptical to how much truth is actually in that article, maybe they were both trying to be cool saying they can play those songs or something....i dunno thats just my opinion on it.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by sashki

"I am so fat"

To the rescue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX0bcZjnjaM

Is that the same guy that does the phycho vids? It sounds like him.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Vos
I remember reading that Guitar World issue and seeing that, the 13 year old kid didn't really bother me I just kinda shrugged it off. Then I got to that 14 year old, I looked at his picture, then look at what he said and I felt like kicking his ass just for being a cocky asshole.

well, usually those kinda kids can't do any finger picking wich I'm pretty decent at. so i always get the last laugh

check out any blues video of the real yngwie, he can't seem to play anything without putting in some of his classical tunes.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jan 7, 2007,
Why is it that everytime I see the title of this thread, I think it says "Prodigy or werewolf?"
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by sashki

"I am so fat"

rofl man... i favourited that video and sent it to all my friends... the best...
the 2nd is an arrogant piece of crap
"and my own songs filled with sweeps and 260bpm tempos - as technical as I could keep it."
no problem with the serrana and necrophagist songs. if he can play it, happy for him. he has the right to say it.
but the "and my own songs filled with sweeps and 260bpm tempos - as technical as I could keep it." line, ****ing arrogant.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by doomnight
rofl man... i favourited that video and sent it to all my friends... the best...

lol its awesome. even though malmsteen is one of my favorite guitarists, that video made me laugh so much! theres also one like it about michael angelo
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Uh, guys... he is FOURTEEN YEARS OLD, ffs. He's a freakin' CHILD, what the f*** is your problem???????!!! Of course he sounds arrogant, of course it's quite likely he is lying at least to some extent - but he's a freaking CHILD, Jesus f***ing Christ what's wrong with you?? Sure, some kids are more 'mature' than others, so friggin' what, what's the great deal?? This is retarded, give the guy a break, seriously. It's just like that stupid event when a 4-year old got kicked out of a kindergarden because he hugged one of the workers and she decided he was SEXUALLY HARRASSING her because he touched her boobs.

Good f'ing God, this thread is disgusting.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
^ I think you are prolly right...a bit.
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
Me: I can play in time signatures like 65/23

Batio: LMAO! THATS AN IMPOSSIBLE TIME SIG!

Me: Shut up, n00b!
Just to clarify, I'm not saying it's all good and right of that kid to write crap like that, I do think it's pretty silly, to say the least. But he is a child, he certainly doesn't deserve titles like "arrogant piece of crap" over this. Hell, I'm pretty certain at least half the people in this thread wouldn't act much different from him, given his chance.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!