Which metal distortion pedal should I buy? I was thinking of the Digitech Metal Master or the Line 6 Uber Metal but feel free to suggest others.
EDIT: Oh yeah please only suggest pedals within the same kind of price range as the ones I mentioned because although I would like to own a Distortus Maximus they seem to sell for like £150 here and for a non-multi-fx pedal its just not worth it
On the TV, they said Krakatoa erupted at a rate of around 350mph as if thats fast.. they obviously hadn't seen Van Halen's Eruption.
EHX Metal Muff, both of the ones you listed are horribly digital sounding the line 6 being the worst and the digitech being slightly better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Thanks, I'll look at that one too any others? And how do you mean by digital sounding?
On the TV, they said Krakatoa erupted at a rate of around 350mph as if thats fast.. they obviously hadn't seen Van Halen's Eruption.
it just has this cold harshness to it that doesnt sound good, you can EQ some of that out of the Metal Master (i have one in my chain before my Metal Muff and use it for a couple of songs) but its still sort of fake sounding.

Last.fm
Ah I see. Does the Metal Muff provide enough distortion for playing bands like Death and Kreator etc. and then enough versatility to also be able to change settings and play bands like Iron Maiden?
Also, if I was playing stuff like death metal etc. would I just end up using the top boost all the time?
From my experience, you should never buy an effects pedal with Metal in the name. They're all overpriced and pretty much suck. Check out the Boss DS-2. It has a lot of versatility, but I'm not quite sure if it's what you're looking for.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
the metal muff should suit your needs fine but yeah for super high gain stuff you might need to have the top boost on the reall get it there.

Last.fm
I know people hate it, but a Boss MT-2 and an MXR 10-band EQ. MT-2 on its own it isnt the greatest, but with an EQ, you cant go wrong. Just keep the distortion on the pedal low, and the mids low, but turn the mid freq. up. Mind you, I only use this combo on my vox, id still take my JSX over it anytime, but you cant go wrong with the MT-2 and EQ
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT