I own a B-52 AT 100 watt head and its pretty nice. Ive got four different pedals an EHX English Muff's, EHX small clone, Boss DD-6, Dunlop Wah, and the amp has a effects imput loop thing on the back, not for the custom built effects that come with the amp but for other effects that you have. It has an Effects send and Return.

I dont know how to make this thing work but im to lazy to drive up to my closest guitar store to ask how it works so it would be nice if some people could help me out with this.

thanks
i dont have a pre amp, so will it just give me the effects or not work at all without a preamp
the way I do it is: fxloop send > input of first pedal > then the rest of your pedal > then output of last pedal in the chain back into the fxloop return... Also check the level of the fxloop return and sent, to turn it up, turn knob clockwise (I have mine all the way up) if you turn it all the way counterclock I think it'll turn off the effects loop and you'll get no sound out of your pedals.

Also just mess around with it, if you have it set up the wrong way you'll get no sound out of the amp...
Equipment:

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez SA160
B-52 At-100
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
ISP Decimator
Quote by The K Man
i dont have a pre amp, so will it just give me the effects or not work at all without a preamp

Yes you do.

Run your wah and OD/distortion between your guitar and amp, run the Small Clone in the loop so it lays it's effect on the amplified wah/distorted sound from your pre-amp.

Guitar>>wah>>OD>>amp

effect loop out>>clone>>effect loop in
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
so what's the difference in plugging your effects into the input in front of your amp and plugging your effects into the fx loop?
Quote by ssguitarhero111
so what's the difference in plugging your effects into the input in front of your amp and plugging your effects into the fx loop?

Putting the OD/wah in front of the preamp drives it, giving you that tube driven tone you're looking for.

The effects loop then takes that overdriven signal and colors it with the effects employed there.

What you should do is experiment with your pedals in different locations, and get a feel for those differences personally. That'll be far more effective than trying to learn about it from a few sentences on a message board.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by The K Man

you know all the stuff in your head that colors your tone? The EQ, Gain, Drive, Presence etc etc.... that's a preamp. Preamps help color and define your sound, much like pedals do, but preamps amplify the signal lightly, and then send it to the poweramp to amplfy and drive the speaker(s).