Okay I've decided to start buying a couple of pedals, and I was hoping to get all of your advice since I've never looked into pedals much.

Im looking for the top of the line PEDALS of these effects:
Delay, acoustic simulator, noise suppression, reverb, phaser and auto harmonizer and last but not least a solo booster (tubescreamer type pedal).

Can you guys help me out based on your experience with these pedals and suggest me the best pedals for those effects.

Price is not an issue for pedals (Suggest rack unit if it is top of the line and has all of the effects listed)

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Please keep in mind that I will try out these pedals before buying them, but I would just like a sort of guideline to follow on which pedals to try out, thanks!!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Last edited by Tensorspencer at Jan 6, 2007,
line 6 dl-4 for delay
w/e the name is of their modulaters and ring filters from the same series.
ISP decimator (noise reduction)
for a boost, go with a maxon OD9 or somethign.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Yeah I heard the Maxon OD's are excellent, thanks!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
get the the boss DD-1 or whatever it is for delay. big muff for distortion? you'll probably want more than one if price isn't an issue. boss noise suppresser. holy grail reverb.
Actually I wont need a distortion pedal, my JSX head has plenty of distortion to fit my needs, Im mainly just looking for the effects that aren't included in my JSX, basically everything listed above, thanks!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
alright i know Boss have an awsome acustic sim. for a solo booster try the Bad Monkey pedal from digitech if you want a tube amp sound. IM not sure for delay but i tried a Boss delay pedal and it worked pretty good however im not a fan of delay
and for and auto harmonizer try a Boss super shifter. GO with digitech for a reverb pedal and Boss for noise supression
i'm going to maintain my suggestion to look into the line 6 stomp box modelers for FX. they're great.

maxon for OD.
ISP for noise gate.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

I've never heard of the Boss Super Shifter, is it able to smart harmonize, say you want thirds and so on?
I've also heard a lot of good things about the ISP decimator so I think I'm set in the noise suppression department.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Just so you know, a Tubescreamer isn't a solo boost, it's an overdrive. You can use it to boost your solos, but it's different.
solo booster - MXR M-133 micro pedal

thats all i can think of... i jsut woke up from a nap -___-"
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
get boss for the delay, acoustic simulator. EHX for the reverb. MXR for phaser. ibanez for screamer. ISP for noise gate. line6's reliability sucks. boss's niose gate sucks. digitech sucks. and using the acoustic simulator, its best using a single coil placed at the middle. humbuckers at bridge will just simply make a another clean tone but not an acoustic sound
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

TC Electronic G System(floor)
TC Electronic G Force (rack)

Cant go wrong with either.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
the line 6 has the memory man built into it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by ptftball24
alright i know Boss have an awsome acustic sim. for a solo booster try the Bad Monkey pedal from digitech if you want a tube amp sound. IM not sure for delay but i tried a Boss delay pedal and it worked pretty good however im not a fan of delay
and for and auto harmonizer try a Boss super shifter. GO with digitech for a reverb pedal and Boss for noise supression

Sorry to be rude, but you really dont know what you're talking about mate.
Here's a decent list to what i think is the best on the market
Overdrive/Boost: Maxon OD-9 definitely or if you wanna spend the extra a Fulltone Fulldrive. Personally, i think the Maxon is better.
Delay: Definitely a Boss DD-3 or an EHX Memory Man, the DL-4 is woeful IMO.
Harmonizer: Definitely a Digitech Whammy, coz its the only half decent pedal Digitech make and it blows the Boss outta the water.
Reverb: Can be done by the delay very easily.
Noise Gate: Definitely ISP Decimator, or the Rocktorn Hush Rackmount, though it probably isnt necessary anyway.
Phaser: MXR Phase 90 EVH, better than any i have ever tried.
I really dont think an Acoustic Sim is vital at this stage but if you would prefer, its not my business to object. Boss have just put out a new one that is like a double stompbox that ive only heard good things about so you might wanna give it a try.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
- Delay: Line 6 DL4. Top notch pedal, lots of possibility's , lots of cash
If you're more into analog delays: EHX Deluxe Memory Man

- Acoustic simulator: No, no, and again, No! Acoustic simulators aren't that good at all. You will get no real acoustic sounding guitar because the technology just isn't there yet. It will sound similar, but artificial and not as a real acoustic. But if you want one i can only recommend the Boss AC 2/3 because those are the only one i know. They add a lot of high-end hiss to your signal though.

Noise Suppression: ISP Decimator. Probably the best, although, if you have the cash, try the rack one, I heard it's even better.
Also check out an MXR smartgate: supposed to be good

- Reverb:
Line 6 Verbzilla. It's digital, I know, but it has some of the best sounding reverbs i ever heard. Really get this one if you're into ambient or postrock music.
Boss makes some nice reverbs as well, but i prefer the line 6 because of the extra options.
If you're a filthy rich asshole, try this: http://www.fulltone.com/tte.asp . Real tape echo

- Phaser: Well, this depends on what you like.
An EHX Small Stone is nice, but watch out, the big box ones have a volume drop when turned on. So check the Nano small stone. It sounds the same, but it doesn't have the volume drop issue.
If you have the cash, the Moog 6/12 Stage Phaser is probably the best one you'll ever get.
also check the Boss PH-3 and Ibanez PM7. Both excellent pedals as well

- Auto harmonizer: Not the kind of pedal I'll ever buy, so I can't comment on this because I'm just not in to it. Just hire a second guitarist for your band

- Solo booster (tubescreamer type pedal): You'll have to try things out, because overdrives and tubescreamer are very personal pedals. They will sound different through every amp, so test them with your amp before you buy them. Most appreciated pedals are: Maxon OD 808, Ibanez TS808, ibanez TS9 and Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive. Just test different kinds of them until you found one you like.

Hope you got some info out of this.

- J.
It took me two years to find that I've wasted five years of my life

Proud Laney VH100R owner!
^indeed . Voodoolab Pedal Power 2 Plus or a Dunlop DC Brick. I Don't think they make daisy chains for 7 pedals

just get the pedal with many effects, like the line6 pod, zoom effects, etc.
Helow! I'm just new here... a left-handed guitarist.... idolizes Zacky Vengeance of A7X....
most of those multi-effects won't sound like the real deal. He said cash was no problem, so I'd go for separate pedals

well, he could get the t.c. electronics g system, which is multi-effects, but vai uses it, and he's a tone-freak, so it can't be bad. oh, and it's $1500.

EDIT: does he have two buttons on his TS9? hmm.

and the analogman DS-1 is good, as well as any of the analogman pedals.

www.analogman.com
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y

EDIT: does he have two buttons on his TS9? hmm.

Yes. Keeley mod.
ahh, i figured it was something like that.

and looking again, does he have 2 wahs? if not, what's that right next to his foot?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
For a solo booster, look into an equalizer, possible the Boss GE-7. Just push up the main volume and click it on when you ahve a solo.

For the other, look into Boss, they're great pedals, or go out and try a bunch out and do ti by your own judgement.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by tubab0y

and looking again, does he have 2 wahs? if not, what's that right next to his foot?

wah, expression, volume. theres another 1 at the right end..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
wah, expression, volume. theres another 1 at the right end..

Its his sig volume pedal
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Thanks a lot to everyone that left suggestions, this really helped, Im going to look into every one of these pedals!! =)
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by tubab0y

looks like a digitech whammy pedal to me.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
im more looking at that morley wah, and then next to his foot, he appears to have a dunlop wah of some kind
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM