so for chrimbo i got a ashdown mag 300 combo bass amplifier. Now i love this beast, but im quite new to all of the different tones it can produce, as my old amp, a peavey micro combo(shit) had very few controls. There is a bass, lo mid, mid, high mid, and treble. There are also deep and bright settings. Can anyone give me any advice on the sort of settings i can use from these controls to get the following sort of tones:

--funk
--rock
--metal
--blues
--jazz

thx in advanced, sacko
Quote by IndieMetalhead
The Laney. you can connect a cab without disconnecting the internet (on mine at least)

WTF!!!!
Funk- very low mids high bass and treble for slap funk
Rock- This is pretty arguable but I do Bass- 1/2, lo-mid - 3/4 to full, hi-mid 1/2, Treble- 1/4
Metal- not really sure on this Alot of mids for a growly sound and cutting through
Blues- Bass- 3/4, Lo-mid- full, hi-mid- just over 1/4, Treble- almost zero. (very bassy sound)
Jazz- Just fiddle aroind with this one it really depends on the song your playing but usually alot of bass like blues.

As you can tell I don't have a straight mid only lo and hi so probably this one somewhere in the middle of the two.

EDIT: What the hell is Chimbo
thx for that advice.

anyone got any other settings they use?
Quote by IndieMetalhead
The Laney. you can connect a cab without disconnecting the internet (on mine at least)

WTF!!!!
Bass- 6.5
Low Mid- 6.5
Middle- 3
High Mid- 7 or 8
Treble- 5
Gain- 6.5

Good, scooped metal sound with a good amount of attack and punch. Also very good for fingerstyle. I also turn on the Bright, Deep and In/Out switches.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
hehe i just saw ur edit, chimbo is actually chrimbo, which is short for christmas
Quote by IndieMetalhead

WTF!!!!