Nice Gabel.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Quote by Gutch220
OK, thanks...... the table I'm creating will only have 4 ratings and much less music genre's because some of those are so specific that there's no way the rating will be significantly different. I am trying to consolidate and simplifiy things. None-the-less I can still take your opinions into consideration in reguards to the chart.

I will make a thread later when I get home stating the amps and the criteria. There are about 16 amps, and 21 different criteria (only about 10 music genre's)

ah, didn't spot this till now- how are you going to work 4 ratings?

I mean, it's not fair if you have two "good" ratings and only one bad one- unless you skip out the "average" rating...and again that's not ideal.

I know why you want to make it a bit simpler (and I agree), but no point in making it too simple if it doesn't do the job.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
picture a reluctant "OK".....like "It's OK I guess", and bad is just "unacceptable"

picture everything starting between 2 and 3.......it will be really easy to go up one or down one, but hard to go up two or down two.

I am writing the thread now
^ mediocre.

or sub-par.

either of those- basically, uninspiring, but not good, or even really acceptable, but better than awful.

If anyone wants a thesaurus, I'm free to write it anytime...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by timi_hendrix
OMG, pls stfu. If you don't like the post being his own opinion, GIVE HIM YOURS AND ASK HIM TO PUT IT IN THERE. He has Joel's opinion on the DSL401 in there, I'm sure he'd like yours in there aswell.

Have you read my post as I told you? I think not, due to your lag of arguments and the same **** as your other post. Nice work though....

Ooh, and this is a cool one:
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I give this thread a need bump.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^did you see my Marshall Chart thread and rate yet?

There are a lot of fanboy reviews so far
Quote by Gutch220
^did you see my Marshall Chart thread and rate yet?

There are a lot of fanboy reviews so far

+1
re bump
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
meh, the TSLs are anything but muddy

Quote by FireItUp714
meh, the TSLs are anything but muddy

Being muddy is the biggest complaint I have about my TSL, side by side with my 800 it's like knee deep in mud :P
Brrraaavo! Thanks man
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
what amps are the Valvestate series 1?
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Quote by Gabel
Marshall DSL: Can go from pretty decent clean, nice crunch to a nice high gain sound. Very versatile. Very clear in tone (atleast compared to the TSL.
Joel owns a DSL 401 and heres what he said about it to me:
It sounds best with lower tunings because it balance outs the amount of mids in the amp. like i've got my guitar tuned to drop c, settings are like Gain-10 pre vol- sweet spot (i'll never tell) Treble- 10 mids 3 (still sounds middy) bass 7. sounds sweet. theres a real sweet spot in the pre vol and master vol for bedroom gain.
Head sounds better according to Dave (could be the speaker though).

Yeah speaker and probably something to do with the combo having EL84's and the head having EL34's
^ also i heard somewhere that marshall combos were made of particle board? no idea if that's correct or not, but it'd be another reason if it were true. the cabs are plywood, which is better.
Question: I've seen a few vintage-looking (somewhat beat up, but nothing too major, probably pretty old) Marshalls at my local guitar store (the HOG-House of Guitars). They're mostly Mk IIs, JTM 45s, and a few JMPs, I think. Anyhoo, I was wondering how much they'd charge for them. Being such classic amps, you'd think it would be ridiculous, but they're also pretty used/beat up/toured with/through hell and back, sort of thing.
Snap. No JTM for me, I guess. I should probably just ask them next time I'm there, though, seeing as the store probably has more vintage amps than new models.
Don't know if anyone had brought this up or not yet, but does anyone know anything about the new Marshall JVM? I seen it in an add in Guitar Player, and I'm just wondering what it's all about.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Is there any way i can make my jcm900 high-gain dual-reverb sound anything close to a 1959 plexi by changing tubes, speakers, mods...?
^I wouldn't mod anything. Try using an OD pedal on the clean channel and fiddle with the EQ
Quote by Gabel
UPDATE!

Vintage Modern added!

I'm guessing the Vintage Modern is the JVM?

Quote by RadioHead22
^ i want a nice blues tone (srv, hendrix, gallagher), rock tone (deep purple, who, zeppelin) and a nice metal (maiden, priest, megadeth, metallica) tone...i haven't decided in a head yet...i am still not sure that the one that i'm planning to get (vintage modern) is the best out there cuz i've just tried the ones that they have at GC and stores around my area...one more thing, it has to be 60W or less
you wont need more than a 60w all tube half stack...thats just...overkill
a 50w combo would be all you ever need

that should help a bit

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
you wont need more than a 60w all tube half stack...thats just...overkill
a 50w combo would be all you ever need

that should help a bit

That is the biggest waste of space I have ever seen. Who is to rate all of those? Just because someone doesen't like a certain amp, means they will give it a bad rating. That chart sucks, because when pushed, those Plexis can do classic metals really well.
Gear:

Amp wise:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Marshall MF400a 4x12 cabinet
Pedals:
YJM308 OD pedal
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Line 6 Constrictor
Guitars:
Yngwie Malmsteen U.S.A strat
PRS Custom 22 10 top
Taylor 614CE L2 (blue)
the best one that fits me seems to be the JCM800 single channel but it is 100W which is WAY too much of what i need
^and on top of that...its 2100 bucks only for the head

Quote by KingDavid101
That is the biggest waste of space I have ever seen. Who is to rate all of those? Just because someone doesen't like a certain amp, means they will give it a bad rating. That chart sucks, because when pushed, those Plexis can do classic metals really well.

its just a general guideline showing the strengths and weaknesses of different amps
if you want to know about how they've been tested look for the thread...
btw, i doubt you really have played an original plexi...

and, just because you dont like something...doesnt mean its bad in general...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Last edited by hendriko at Mar 31, 2007,
the money is not the problem (long story)...any other recommendations that are under 60W?
^why dont you make a thread...
in here youre kinda limited to suggesting marshall (not that theyre not great)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

i've already done that and played some of the amps they recommended me...i liked the sound of marshalls the best out of all of them...the problem is that most of the amps the recommended me were boutique and they don't have them at any music store in my state : (
why not get a jcm800 with a 1960 cab and a nice attenuator or yellow jackets
if moneys not a problem...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

yea, i was thinking of that too...how much of the sound would the attenuator take??? and would it affect the tone??
yea
unfortunately most attenuators drain some of the tone out of the tone (?)
but yellowjackets might work
read the first two posts in here
they explain a bit

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

So nobody knows anything about the JVM?

Quote by RadioHead22