Page 5 of 21
hey guys I just Scored myself a Silver Jubilee stack and was woundering if any one has some good settings for a Slash, Mick Mars and Zakk Wylde and can give me some info on the rythm clipping
I know there is a settings thread but i dont want some ones setting they use on a Line 6 to get a slash sound so this is kinda a shout out to 2555 owners.

thanks
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by angusslashdime
hey guys I just Scored myself a Silver Jubilee stack and was woundering if any one has some good settings for a Slash, Mick Mars and Zakk Wylde and can give me some info on the rythm clipping
I know there is a settings thread but i dont want some ones setting they use on a Line 6 to get a slash sound so this is kinda a shout out to 2555 owners.

thanks

Jubilee stack! Nice one.

This requires pics
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
yeah just came in like a day ago so ill take some pictures with my ♫♫♫♫ty camera phone
cant waste possilbe effects pedal money on a fancy digital camera
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by mr_hankey
^When I get my Bassman, you have to let me be an honorary member of the Marshall mafia.

*cough cough* *hint hint*
Quote by Dobzilla
*hugs his TSL*

It's okay baby, I love you.

*Glances over at DSL, realising what a n00b amp it really is*

New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by angusslashdime

thanks

its taken me ages to find a great sound - pups make a huuuuuge difference.

my evos match this amp perfectly, emgs are a bit too bassy

settings for me are v.high master output vol. gain at about 8-9 (no more or it muds)

hugely middy amp so i have the mids at 3-4-5, no more

treble at 4-5 and presence at 2-3 - that way i get a thick but not muddy tone

the bass is the key for this amp, past 7 it gives a whole new character to the amp with just more "balls", put the bass on 10, its plain overkill

the key is to have the output on high and work from there cause it doesnt respond otherwise. good luck with that!
thanks alot and to altoughs guys with TSL's and DSl's sorry
i cant belive i even found this amp in Australia

Man I wish I had a Marshall tube amp....... I have a Spider II

I always thought my ear for tone wasnt developing until i heard a recording of my band playing when I was using it.

I actually gagged.

For me, I think the best amps would be the DSL or the Jubilee, cause most of what I play is RHCP/GNR/classic rock.

What pisses me off though, is that I just got almost 20,000 (**** yeah) for my bar mitzvah (i had fun with hot girls ) and my mom let me spend only like 400 on a EVH Flange and a Boss OS-2, plus a (actually) very nice pedal board. She didnt even want me to spend THAT much.

Then again, I get a drumset if I get good grades, but still.

(Prays for some opportunity to get a Marshall tube head with 2x12)

I want to feel bad for me for my amp situation.
if i was you i would go for a Jubilee and if you cant get one id go for a Dual Channel JCM 800 insted of the DSL

What pisses me off though, is that I just got almost 20,000 (**** yeah) for my bar mitzvah (i had fun with hot girls ) and my mom let me spend only like 400 on a EVH Flange and a Boss OS-2, plus a (actually) very nice pedal board. She didnt even want me to spend THAT much.

so you spent money on a flange instead of flange
^

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
mhm....makes sense now

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Hey guys this is a question for any one who boosts there marshall with an overdrive pedal

What OD do you use or suggest ?

What sort of music you play with it boosted?

thanks

Marshall heads rock ! , its just this 50watt Plexi is so damn laud , cant freaking play the thing enywhere near my house , i really really wanna try these new JVM models , ppl say they so sexy . So ive got this marhsall head for years now , when (7 years ) . Dont you guys think its time to replave the Tubes on this bad boy ???
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
so can any one help me with a good overdrive to boost my Marshall

Well a Tubescreamer is a classic. Loads of overdrive pedals are based on them. Maxon makes great Tube Screamer replicas, since they built them back in the 80's these are exact replicas of the originals. Also check out the Visual Sound Route 66, which is a replica of a TS-808 with a bass boost and a compressor too. Otherwise the Fulltone OCD is supposedly a great OD (haven't tried it). There are loads of them out there.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah i think i might have a look at the Visual sounds Jekll and hyde i think its has the same Overdrive as the route 66 as it is also based on the Tubescreamer but it has a distortion as well

*Note to buyers/sellers*
There is no such things as OMGZ!!!1 rare brown/tan Marshall grill cloth on the JCM800's. Marshall either received a bad batch or tried a new supplier. This discoloration is just due to poorer quailty cloth and fading. The cloth still does the job just as well but don't believe people on ebay/sellers when they tried and parlay this discoloration into a "rare" model. If you don't believe me, just take off the Marshall logo and notice the fading.
hey guys im looking at getting anouther cab and i was woundering what would be the best celestions for like a kinda half way between salsh and zakk wlyde sound

^ yeah, probably. the laney tt cab is nice. but the gs cab has 70/80's which aren't great speakers. even if the cab construction is as good as the tt cab (which it might not be), upgrading the speakers in a 4x12 is expensive. would end up costing you more than buying a 1960 or laney tt cab in the first place.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Hey Gabe i recently tried out the Vintage Modern and i have to say ill disagree with what you say. Once you crank it you get a full thick sound. And with an OD in front like the fulltone(not as a major boost but tightener), you get a really tight thick usable sound.
uncranked yea it was thin, but this guy was meant to be cranked. I used an Ibanez with PAF Pro pickups when i tried it
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
OCD . they had one in the used section ...but it was 200 bucks : \

and i got it loud enough to where i drowned out all the other kids at GC. to the point where i couldn't hear the people playing mgs. jcm2000,crates, peaveys and mesa. so maybe 12ish at least. The Tech at GC cranked it for me. It was loud enough tho. EQign i started off at teh Standard 12 and EQ's to my liking adding mids bass w/e i thought sounded well. im surprised they let me, but i did say i was considering buying it with the cab. How decietful of me : P
Problem is that most people can't crank a Vintage Modern.

I can really see what you mean though.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Seems like it'd be a really nice stage amp. a hot plate or weber could fix it for bedroom. i liked it better than the jvm and jcm 2000's they had at the shop
Quote by mexican_shred
OCD . they had one in the used section ...but it was 200 bucks : \

and i got it loud enough to where i drowned out all the other kids at GC. to the point where i couldn't hear the people playing mgs. jcm2000,crates, peaveys and mesa. so maybe 12ish at least. The Tech at GC cranked it for me. It was loud enough tho. EQign i started off at teh Standard 12 and EQ's to my liking adding mids bass w/e i thought sounded well. im surprised they let me, but i did say i was considering buying it with the cab. How decietful of me : P

i work on the basis that they won't let me try a thing if i don't lie that i want it, and as they're generally too stupid to realise that if i like something i may buy it later, i don't have a problem with it.

EDIT: also, it's not like they're not above lying. the amount of crap shops have told me is just unbelievable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
hah aye. even when i buy a simple pedal i tell them to hook me up with their avenger and their most expensive 4 x12 cab. then i decide hmm ill just buy online now that i know it sounds that way. im an ass that way.

The amount of crap they tell people is unbelievable, and they dont know ****(cant even answer simple tube questions) i usually
play devils advocate at my shop. if i happen to be sitting by a person who is talking with a sales person, once the sales person leaves i give them whats really up. all about the gear before the salesperson come back
^ haha, i've never really had the opportunity to do that with someone. the salesperson is always around.

but yeah, i've had a bunch of crap. some was just them not knowing better, but some was obvious lying to try to make the sale.
Quote by sheumack111
Laney GS412!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! dont worry havent got my heart set on anything yet

ffs yesterday i descovered that this plexi i have is a reissue . the 1997 reissues to be correct , oh welll , it still sounds very nice , now that im using the Gflex cab on it i never take it off , its like i have a new amp , the tones im getting out of this amp is sooo smooth and sexy . im still using my multi effects on tho , i want to get the EHX metal muff to use on it . But ye i really love this head .
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
^ If you're really disappointed, I'll take it.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Quote by t3mp
ffs yesterday i descovered that this plexi i have is a reissue . the 1997 reissues to be correct , oh welll , it still sounds very nice , now that im using the Gflex cab on it i never take it off , its like i have a new amp , the tones im getting out of this amp is sooo smooth and sexy . im still using my multi effects on tho , i want to get the EHX metal muff to use on it . But ye i really love this head .

DON'T RUIN THAT GREAT AMP WITH A METAL MUFF!

Get a Fulltone OCD.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Just really crank it. Nothing else. Maybe a wah.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30