Page 1 of 2
I'm sure you all know the story. Around Christmas time you begin to recieve cards adressed to you from aunts and uncles that you never see nor intend to. You hope, that it's not going to be a book token but you know it is.

So, I've got about £30 in book tokens.

Recommendations?
erm, i've read "the World of Karl Pilkington", that were good. 'Flaminals', read that in about 15 mins. 'the world according to clarkson', thats alright. i hate novels, i just get the random crap.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Yeah, I've read all of Clarksons books and enjoyed each of them. I've heard that QI: The Book of General Ignorance is good.
Quote by sixteen times
I've heard that QI: The Book of General Ignorance is good.

My cousin got it for christmas, it's entertaining for a while i guess.

I'm in the middle of "we need to talk about kevin" and it is very interesting to say the least. Anyone read it?

I've also got some Yan Martel lined up next
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
1984, In Cold Blood, Down And Out In Paris and London, To Kill A Mockingbird.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
You're disappointed with book tokens? Other than providing one last sexual favour to a dying child, giving someone a book token is one of the greatest possible human traits.

What the hell am I blabbering on about? I suggest a book like "101 Incredible Experiments For The Shed Scientist". Keeps you occupied.
I got the QI book for Christmas, asked my mum for it.

I also got two copies () of Why Don't Penguins Feet Freeze? - which I expect to be amazingly funny.

Why Girls Can't Throw is also an amazing book.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by JamieB

I also got two copies () of Why Don't Penguins Feet Freeze? - which I expect to be amazingly funny.

Why Don't Penguins Feet Freeze?

Along the lines of the QI book I believe. I think I'll definatley go for these two.

Why Girls Can't Throw. Brilliant title. Author?
scar tissue - If ur an RHCP fan this book is amzing - autobiography of anthony kiedis, very very good book
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by sixteen times
Why Don't Penguins Feet Freeze?

Along the lines of the QI book I believe. I think I'll definatley go for these two.

Why Girls Can't Throw. Brilliant title. Author?

I can't remember the author of WGCT, but it's by someone who writes for a newspaper (in the UK, I expect). Have you tried Google/Wikipedia?

Why Don't Penguins Feet Freeze I expect to be along the lines of WGCT. WGCT is a compilation of weird questions getting answered, for example "If a 2p fell from a skyscraper and landed on someone's head, would the person die?" etc. I can't remember many, it's been a while since I read it. I was hoping WDPFF would be along the same lines.

EDIT: Mitchell Symons is the author of WGCT.

Quote by D-Fens

TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD IS CRAP!!!

if uour interested in something that is random and talks about things you'lll never need any use for, then i suggest "Do penguins feet freeze?"
I also got two copies () of Why Don't Penguins Feet Freeze? - which I expect to be amazingly funny.QUOTE]

heh i got 1 o`them too =)

and jeffry deaver books are the best...
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Quote by JamieB

EDIT: Mitchell Symons is the author of WGCT.

Thanks, Jamie.

Looks like its trip to WHSmith tomorrow for me.
Quote by JamieB

Why can't girls throw?
Quote by JamieB

countercurrent system

the blood coming from thier feet takes the heat from the blood going to the heat, to keep thier feet close to the same temperature as the ice
They can. They just choose not to, apparently.

To calculate this, he arranged an experiment involving him, his family and a colleague or two, if I remember right. One colleague was an athletic woman and so she could throw...

Further than the author

No worries sixteen times, Smiths for the win . Though I sold my voucher to my parents, so I could afford Zelda: TP for my Wii, lol.

Quote by JamieB

I got one of those, it's kinda boring
Quote by franmusc
I got one of those, it's kinda boring

If it is, I'm holding you responsible.

Lol, selling vouchers. Classic.

I think I'll keep these though. I've read every book on my shelf (200+) at least 3 times each, I really could do with a good read. I can't get to sleep at night without reading about 50 pages first.
"White Line Fever" Lemmys Autobiography, its a very interesting read.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
i hate reading but i just got immersed in heavier than heaven-bio of kurt cobain and room full of mirrors-bio of jimi hendirx
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
I'm reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations. It's pretty cool.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by D-Fens

Excellent choices. If you can get your head round the language Trainspotting by Irivne Welsh is the best piece of fiction ever written, thats just an obessive fan's crazy opinion though lol. Catch 22, Catcher in the Rye and anything by Graham Greene are worth a look as well.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
Get "Living With The Dead" by Rock Scully, its by the Grateful Deads former manager and has pretty much the entire history of the band written in first person, some really great stories in there. The only problem with the book is Rock Scully writes like he is in the band, gets ****in annoying...
Last edited by evilchuck at Jan 6, 2007,
I'm just finishing up A Confederacy of Dunces. It's pretty funny and I believe won the Pulitzer Prize.
"Great music completely obliterates any conceptions of genre"

Recordnerd
Quote by The Pickle Man
Anything at all by Chuck Palahniuk. I got Fight Club for Christmas and it's fantastic.

Chuck Palahnuik's books are fantastic. Fight Club, Choke and Lullaby are three of the best books ever. I read Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh recently and it was brilliant too, although it's different in the way that it's written.
Sebastian Faulks
Birdsong

/thread
Quote by Anorexorcists
I took a dump once and it smelled realy bad and it was like tortue. Or aroma theropy to some.

Quote by B.I.N.
Chord of David, eh?
G Sus, perhaps?

Quote by uncle_jimmy

i fucking blew a guys head up man.
Dashiell Hammet, Red Harvest.

Herman Melville, Bartleby The Scrivener and Benito Cereno.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradburry, I'm pretty sure thats his name. Its about humans moving to Mars and meeting Martians. I liked it because I like space.
Page 1 of 2