Okay so I have a little problem with my G string. I play a note on it and it has incridibly bad fret buzz, and almost no sustain.

All the other strings are fine.

(I have FR bridge btw) Will truss rod fix this? Just a little tighter?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
is the nut not cut to deep for the G to rest in, or the FR set to low.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
look down the neck and see if it is straight all the way down the neck (you can also tell if the frets look all funny when you look down the neck). if it is twisted there then yes.

personally i would look for any other possibilities such as the string height at the bridge or if the nut has worn down on the G, as the truss rod Can be a risky business (if your new to fixing one).
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Well... I took off the truss rod cover, which requires me to loosen a couple strings -or else screw them up badly with a screwdriver. When I re-tuned, there was no buzz -_-

Gave it a minute (and I mean VERY small) tightening just in case.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
The only way you would know whether your neck is having the correct bow or twisted is by fretting notes, you cant really see them with your eyes unless they're obviously screwed up beyond repair.

Fret the 1st and last fret low E string (or the fret near the neck joint) and see the 8th fretwire. It should at least have a clearance between 0.3-0.5mm between the string and fretwire. Make sure your action is proper.

If its just lying dead on the fretboard, then you'd need to loosen your truss rod. If its more than 0.5 or 1mm, tighten it.

Remeasure each time your turn it and always take a rests apon turning. ONLY adjust the truss rod when the neck relief is off.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03

Remeasure each time your turn it and always take a rests apon turning. ONLY adjust the truss rod when the neck relief is off.

does that mean you need to take all strings out?
No no no, if you're tightening it, loosen the strings only by a bit. If you're loosening it, dont unstring or loosen anything, just remain in your desired tuning.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Well, since the strings are really really close to the first fret, Im guessing Im going to need to loosening it in order to kinda move the end of the neck towards the front or the body right? So is it still righty tighty lefty loosy? Haha
You only make adjustments to your truss rod if your neck relief is off.... not with your eyes...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
You only make adjustments to your truss rod if your neck relief is off.... not with your eyes...

So how do I fix this problem if the strings are too close to the first fret. Do I buy a new nut that would make the strings higher?