I plugged in AC apapter and could smell burning so looked and there was this smoke coming out of dc in port anybody know what could of made it do this
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
Maybe you plugged an AC adapter into a DC jack or vice-versa?
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
No its was the right adapter I plugged in a wrong adapter just before i put the right one in but the wrong adapter wasnt plugged into anything
hmm...
I think what happend is that you've fried your wires in the DC port...
(assuming it was inside of the AX3000G if not disregard)
might of blown a transistor or something inside it which has burnt out the board.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Also sorry to double post,
May I suggest to take out Korg Ax3000G of your sig now

I'm guessing it's broken.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
You had to have mistakenly used the wrong adaptor without noticing. There's no way you'd fry the thing using the factory adaptor.
didn't it know that smoking is bad for your health?
check if there's any warranty left on it. either from the store or the factory.
<NHBoy> I broke my G-string while fingering a minor
<rycool> ...

Quote by cheames
you appear to have sigged on of my drunken posts
No im 100% certain i didnt plug the wrong adapter in theres only two that could fit in it and one wasnt plugged in. im gonna try plug it back in a few minutes see if it does it again it wasnt a lot of smoke just a small amount but you could smell the burning
It had to be the wrong adaptor. A couple years ago I mistakenly plugged a 10V adaptor when I needed a 9V and I pretty much immediately noticed that burning rubber smell and unplugged it right away. Luckily I noticed what I did in time, didn't fry the pedal or anything.

If you're 100% certain it was the right adaptor, maybe try plugging it in one more time and see what happens. If you notice a problem, just return it.
Whatever you do, don't open it up and try to look for what the problem could be or what happened, you'll void the warranty (if it is new and still under warranty.)
right turns out i was wrong i plugged in the lead for my M-audio black box which says 9v but is 1000 m/a instead of the korg which is 9v and 600m/a

I plugged it in with the right adapter and it works i must of took it out before it had chance to do any lasting damage
You should get one of those power strips. I know the AX3000G doesn't have an on/off switch, so you could keep it plugged in all the time and just turn it on/off with the power strip. That way, you don't have to worry about possibly mixing adaptors in the future.
I normally only have the korg adapter plugged in i forgot that i had been using the black box earlier on

also i plugged in the korg adapter just before i plugged in the maudio one and the screen lit up but with nothing on the screen I thought that was weird as the adapter wasnt plugged in and it was the reason i though i had plugged the wrong adapter in if that makes any sense
you could always also try putting on colored tape or anything that makes it very obvious.
am ate all ur peanutbutterz!!!

me: had to mow the lawn...
fishy****187: lol mow my lawn
fishy****187: if you know what i mean
hahaha
yeah gonna put some labels on it now i might not be so lucky next time it might burn out
hopefully you only burnt the isolation off of some cabels inside the thing. as long as you don't make them move, you should be fine. maybe just clip a ground wire on there to be on the safe side? :P
<NHBoy> I broke my G-string while fingering a minor
<rycool> ...

Quote by cheames
you appear to have sigged on of my drunken posts
i cannot beleive it i did the exact same thing again plugged wrong wire in and its gone again the lead was in for about 3 seconds before i realised but by time i pulled it out damage was done not happy as its gaurantee has run out now so gonna have to pay for it repairing
pics or it didnt happen'

seriously... show us pictures
Im sorry btw.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Quote by exitmusic
right turns out i was wrong i plugged in the lead for my M-audio black box which says 9v but is 1000 m/a instead of the korg which is 9v and 600m/a

I plugged it in with the right adapter and it works i must of took it out before it had chance to do any lasting damage
That should not be a problem as long as the polarity is correct. I've only seen one pedal manufacturer say not to use an amperage over a specified amount. In general that makes no sense but they don't explain why such an unusual practice must be observed. Normally a higher ma capacity is not a problem when selecting a power supply.
yeah, that's my understanding too. As long as the voltage is correct, it should still only draw 600mA, even if the adapter can supply 1000mA. That's how the little one spot adapters work to power multiple pedals. Now if you mixed up AC and DC, then you could have problems.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
theres no point taking pics nothing really to see only way you can tell its burnt is because of the smell gonna ring round some places to see if i can get it repaired looking at it all i think thats happened is the solder has melted so there is no connection think it just needs a bit of solder. cant use batterys its powered by adapter only. if cant get it repaired or if its gonna cost a lot to repair im just gonna get something else instead boss gt8 line 6 floor pod xt