Page 1 of 2
ok im starting off my guitar my parts just arrived im waiting on the neck but until it comes im gonna get going on the body here are pics of some of the parts and the blank

the guitar i am making will look like the tom delonge fender but left handed. please if you see me doing something wrong tell me all suggestions are welcome i will start the building tonight.
Last edited by carousel182 at Jan 7, 2007,
What is that on the pickup?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
lmao, i was thinking of doing this in pink, shocking pink of course, matt grey scratchplate, white invador, im not a fan of tom, im not really emo, or scene or whatever, i just like the colours ... but i also like surf green, and i can see this being a great looking guitar, is that basswood? and what spec neck you gonna have? maple, maple w/ rosewood... scale length?

"You're a MESS!"
no, that is not bass wood it is maple. the neck is maple and rosewood
Last edited by carousel182 at Jan 19, 2007,
ok i have finished the templates basically and just need to cut out the body and use the router around it itll take like 15 minutes to do that then i have to route out the cavities wont take too long cause theres not too many of em.

templates and template that is waiting to be routed out

Last edited by carousel182 at Jan 20, 2007,
don't wanna sound like a nub, but that don't look like a strat (the horn is sharp)

looks nice, though, i really like it. will it be of strat thickness, because it will be heavy.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
fine its not a strat then but im not making any changes to it cause i like the shape and yes its gonna be the same width i think

Body with jack plate on and strap buttons

routed out body

cant do the rest until i get my neck itll probly be by friday

tell me what you think
update i got the neck and did the curves of the body. i got the pickguard cut out but no picks yet of the pickguard tell me what you think

i still did not round the edges of the guitar thatll probly be tommorow
its starting to look like a guitar. NICE!
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
thanks, cant wait to get this done wanna start prepping it for painting either tommorow or sunday
Wow! I'm always amazed by guitars built from scratch. That looks very nice and done well.

As I understand it, Maple sounds quite bright, the reason they use it as a cap for the Mahogany body on a Gibson Les Paul. I imagine the PU you have there will compensate for the brightness.

Are you rounding the edges a bit? The sharp edge might not hold the finish well or it'll be quite easy to wear off the finish.

Looking forward to the finish. I like how fast this build is going. Very nice.

yes i am rounding the edges tommorow and doing everything i need to do before i start finishing it thanks i hope it turns out good

heres a pic of everything where it is going to be its only a rough cut of the pickguard no hole for the pot yet though
Last edited by carousel182 at Jan 19, 2007,
i never really liked the look of strats but i CAN comment on good craftsmanship. nice job.
Your pickguard is a bit too big, buddy.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by carousel182
yes i am rounding the edges tommorow and doing everything i need to do before i start finishing it thanks i hope it turns out good

heres a pic of everything where it is going to be its only a rough cut of the pickguard no hole for the pot yet though

read the bold. i still have to route it around the template to make the edge 45 degrees and that isnt even screwed on i just took a picture so you could see what itll look like.
maple is a freakishly bright wood- and a body that big is gonna get heavier faster on stage than a les paul.

and curve the edges more- use the router for precision.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
tubab0y im not planning on going on stage and its not that heavy i just rounded the edges and put a bevel on the pickguard and attached the pickguard pictures coming as soon as my phone gets enough battery
yea im just finishing it im waiting for the paint and clear and need more primerran out otherwise its going pretty good
wow thats great! that pickguard is perfect. wow

in the thread on how to make a girl uncomfortable:

Quote by Angels Fighter
i saw this in another thread but it would work

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^
Looks great, have you put the two e strings on yet to check the bridge and neck are correct? always do that or you might have a nasty surprise when you try string it up.

keep the good work up, will look great finished
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
YAY saved yourself a lot of trouble if it hadn't been in line.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
Quote by carousel182
what would i had to of done if it wasnt in line, for future reference.

You'd have to use shims to compensate for the angle.

On my 3rd mod, the heel of the neck I used was slightly wider than the body's neck pocket. I had to sand one side so it can fit snugly to one side so the low string will be inside the fretboard and the high string not too far inside.

If you look at the first pic on page one of my 3rd mod (see sig), you'll see the neck heel overhang of the other side that I should've sanded, for aesthetics, but didn't. It works perfectly right now, no dead frets or anything. I'll fix it (sand the side) when I get bored.

BTW, that looks so good so far. It's still gonna be Surf Green, right? How about a crazy paint job?
Wauw, surf green with a pearloid pickguard is gonna look cheeez-ay. One of the only pearloid/[anything] combinations I fully endorse.

Also, Carousel? Nice to see someone who's all about the Buddha.
clear coated wet sanded and buffed?
Page 1 of 2