OK I'm not 100% what guitar I'm going to buy (Though possibly a Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans HH Strat)

I'd like to know what sort of amp to buy

I was looking at the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT or a Roland Cube 30X which I can get for about £130-£150. But do I really need a modelling amp if I'm just going to be playing in my house? Would a Fender Frontman 25R do me just as good (saving me around £30) or would an Orange Crush 30 give me a better quality sound, costing around the same as the Vox but without the modelling?
Quote by zeroconsequence
Remember, paitence is a virtue...seesucker is a fabric. Now make me breakfast.
I'd say go with the VOX. I have a AD50VT, its never let me down, its excellent quality, and its a reasonable price.
"The Day that I die is the day that I shut my mouth and put down my guitar" - Bradley Nowell of Sublime

R.I.P- 1996
i would go with the AD30
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
They're all pretty good practice amps IMO.

Though I'd go with the Vox or the Cube.
id go with the orange crush, everytime ive played it one its always sounded good. I might be bias though as ive never liked moddelling amps at all..
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
I've tried a few Vox amps all the valvetronix range and i wasn't impressed with them Consider the line spider 3 series i prefer them to all the other ones
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
Vox, and that'd be a pretty good starting rig!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
go for the vox definately
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
A modelling amp is exactly what you want in a first amp. It'll give you access to all sorts of models and effects, and give you a good idea about what you'll want to get as you built your rig.

And the Vox is the best of the bunch.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
thanks everybody
Quote by zeroconsequence
Remember, paitence is a virtue...seesucker is a fabric. Now make me breakfast.
Smart guy not automatically wanting a Marshall MG becuase "it's a Marshall!".
Don't be afraid to care"

How much are you paying for that HH Squier? Because you could get a Ibanez such as the RG321 although it's a fixed bridge. THen again for a starter guitar that may not necessarily be a bad thing. Plus trems at that price aren't that good anyways.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
You could always get a used Mexican Strat. That'd be a flawless rig for a beginner.
Don't be afraid to care"