All i have right now is audacity and a computer mic, it sounds okay but not perfect. is there any thing i can do to get a better sound, I would also like to record some bongos and a bass. I have $110 dollars to spend.
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
Ok, so im assuming you have an amp. That assumed what you do is you run a cable from the line out on your amp to either your mic or line in on your sound card. You will need an adapter for this. Then go into audacity and record w/ the line in or mic selected.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I know where the line out on the amp but i dont know where it is on my computer. What do you mean by a adapter?
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
it would be next to where your speakers are connected on the pc and the adaptor just converts the guitar lead into what looks like headphones input if that makes sense you will kno what i mean when you find the line in.
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
I'm in a similar problem; Are there line outs on all amps? Would it be the same as the speaker input? I'm not trying anything because I don't want to blow my soundcard by putting a 100 watt amp into it when i shouldnt.
It will vary, but if you have a headphone output on your amp that will do the job for the least money and won't blow up your computer. But you need the correct cables. You need a stereo 1/4" connector at your amp headphone output to a 1/8" mini stereo plug for your line in side of your computer (don't use its MIC input). A radio shack can set you up.