Hello, i know what they are... But im just really confused as to how to read em, can som1 help?
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
yea i was confuse as well
but you have to look at them as if they were a tab
the dots are the notes you play
Low E is on the left. High E is on the right. Horizontal lines are the frets. The dots are the notes in that scale.
thnx kirby
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Well that one is sideways, at least I like it flipped. So here is a box pattern too, its the blues scale.

|-O-|---|---|-x-|
|-x-|---|---|-x-|
|-x-|---|-x-|-x-|
|-x-|---|-O-|---|
|-x-|-x-|-x-|---|
|-O-|---|---|-x-|

With this box pattern, the bottom is the low E string, and the top of it is the top E string. If you wanted to play this scale, you would start on the left side bottom. Play that note, and all of the notes on that string moving to the right. When you finished playing all the notes on that string, move up a string at go to the left of that string. Just go on till you have done the whole 2 octaves of this scale. The big 'O's mean a root note. This is a moveable scale btw, so with it you can place it anywhere on the fretboard, and wherever those O notes line up, thats what scale it is. Ex. Eb blues scale if it were on the 11th fret. Or A if it were on the 5th fret.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help