ok,my bestfriend who is going to turn 16 in march,is looking to buy a car,couple problems he has,his parents will buy his car,but hes not exactly rich and he is only allowed $2000-$2500 dollars to spend on a car,and he wants to break into the racing scene,so i mean he dosnt really like integras that much,and he knows tons about cars and everything,so i mean what would be a good beginner car for him,i mean has good aftermarket support,decent engine(he dont wanna swap),and all around good beginning tuner car?
What kind of car is he lookin for? US, Asian, European? Is he looking for drag, street or circuit racing? Is he looking to upgrade immedeately or wait till upgrades are needed?
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
only 2000-2500? That's alot for just beginner car! But I wouldn't know what would be a good car for tuning,because I live in Europe and I think we have cars here that you don't have (I think?).
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
if your friend knows about cars, why cant he figure it out on his own?
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
get a 98-00 reg civic type-r or a skyline (same year, personnaly despise them)
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
no see he knows tons about cars and everything,he juss wants to know what other ppl think he should get,and im not really asking around for him,he is right here beside me and im juss typing what he says...also he wants mostly street use,and he wants to do a couple immediate upgrades(such as Intake,exhaust,headers,the basics pretty much) but he wants to do big upgrades too,and he dosnt mind what origin the car is from
Well, if he knows alot about cars, he will know what the best car for money and upgrades is in each of the categories.

Watching FnF doesnt mean you know lots about cars.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
for 2k? Civic. It has tons of cheap aftermarket.

He can pick up a 240SX but to make those things fast u have to drop a SR20DET into it which costs ~5k

Probe GT/ Mazda MX6 if its taken care of is very fast car for the money. If its not taken care of they suck.

you could probably pick out a old school v8 camaro/mustang. easy to work on plus very fast for very little money
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
he shouldnt get some jap crap.. he should buy a good old car like a Celica TA-22 or TA-23. thats what im buying for my first car. its a 4 cylinder but its small, light and fast (my dad used to have one which he raced) and when i get off my P-plates (not allowed high performance vehicles on P-plates) im gunna put something a little more powerful in it...

but if he wants to race he should get a go-kart they are about $2,000 for a good one which goes over 100km/h. that way he can get a feel for racing without smashing up his car
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by White Pony
only 2000-2500? That's alot for just beginner car!

depends on who you ask. I almost got an audi. One of my good friends is getting a 30k mercedes when she graduates High school this spring...spoiled girl though.
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
hey im turning 16 in march, i race gokarts, n i wanna race my car.... WERE LIKE TWINS! lol kindergartener talk
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Get a cheap ass DSM and dump 1k into the motor for a rebuild and put a 16G turbo on it. Fast and cheap...not so much reliable but it gets the jobs done.
Quote by Stevie Wonder
Get a cheap ass DSM and dump 1k into the motor for a rebuild and put a 16G turbo on it. Fast and cheap...not so much reliable but it gets the jobs done.

Not really.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Well I got my 96 BMW for a little bit more than that 5000 USD. If he spent the extra he might be able to find sometihng similar and my car has little need for any upgrades right now to win any races.
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
^What type of BMW?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
if he knows lots, and he wants to drag, the only way to go is 1965-1975.
none of the asian sh!t.
tell him to get a decent car; for that age range, a dodge or chevy not a ford unless its a boss 302, then to build it from the ground up. if he knows lots about cars, then he'll be fine. itll cost more than 2000, but if he spreads the time and money out, he'll be able to afford it. i worked the last two summers, and ive spread the money out to buy a 911 engine for one of my cars. its a 69 bug. but if he gets something dodge or chevy, tell him to keep the original engine, just check the compression, and timing, and if theyre out, rebuild it.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Last edited by exiledsoul at Jan 6, 2007,
Quote by Jakester
he shouldnt get some jap crap.. he should buy a good old car like a Celica TA-22 or TA-23. thats what im buying for my first car. its a 4 cylinder but its small, light and fast (my dad used to have one which he raced) and when i get off my P-plates (not allowed high performance vehicles on P-plates) im gunna put something a little more powerful in it...

Whats the deal with having a car thats too powerful in NSW? In Vic, we dont have the same restrictions, but we have a power to weight law, but can still drive turbo or supercharged cars and V8's, just aslong as they comply with a P2W ratio. And for driving a car over the limit its only a $175 fine and no points, so theres heaps of young people driving around cars that are over the ratio, but just cop the fine and keep going.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by E Daws
Not really.

You can do a 2-3k build and have a DSM in the 12's for fairly cheap...sure its not 10's but for a street car 12's is pretty quick.