OK, all of my brothers oldeer friends who play guitar have pedals and i'm looking to buy some. I ask them and the same answer comes out the whole time, DigiTech.
The Modeling processers are great i know that but how great. Please contribute your thoughts.
Last edited by thehardwayout at Jan 6, 2007,
Boss are better

To be honest it's down to what you prefer soundwise
Digitech Whammy is very good though.
But Boss kick ass and some of the Line 6 effects boards are great
I play though a Digitech grunge distortion some of the time
It's great for playing any kind of rock, especially hard rock
the sustain is great
definetly a great effect
What about the big modeling processers that are like 150 bucks?
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
imo theyre the worst. it all depends on the effect youre looking for, there really is no one brand that makes the best pedal of every effect. this is especially true with distortions/overdrives. many companys only make overdrives. there are hundreds of "boutique" manufaturers to consider as well. these will often be handmade and indendently distributed. there are also vintage solutions available at places like ebay. boss and digitech are probably the most popular, so if youre looking to buy all the same brand and look cool and have what all your brothers friends have (really lame btw), then i would suggest boss or danelectro or even behringer over digitech any day. i personally have hated every digitech product ive ever tried. except the whammy of course.

processors are different. pretty much every digitech pedal is a processor. they dont make analog pedals. their distortions, choruses. vibratos, etc. are all pretty much tiny computers running a plugin. analog pedals can produce much better tones most of the time, and are more likely to not "suck tone" and will more likely have true bypass.

for a multi processor like the RP series, id probably look into other stuff like a boss me-50, and also the ZOOM stuff. GREAT pedals, similar in size and variety as digitechs offerings.

hope that helped in some way.

Adam

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
It seems that everyehere I go the common opinion is that Digitech's pedals are a no-no. The guys at my local shop probably wouldn't sell me any if I begged them. I admit I have no personal experiencfe to back this up, but that is what I have been told. If their stuff is so bad I don't see how they could be in business. I guess you can't just say "Digitech sucks" and just go piece by piece.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
That did help, ALOT. I like people who know what the **** they're talking about.
Says alot about someone.
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
your welcome

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
hmm, if it were me, id stay away from digitech personally, ive found their pedals sound good, but they arent necessarily as reliable in my experience. ive had all of my digitech pedals break on me, my boss pedals work fine, and if your lookin for a wicked wah pedal, Dunlop wah, just to classy to pass up IMO.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
you should try some out, their opinions are valid, but get some opinions for yourself, their taste in pedals maybe different to yours
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Quote by millerg17
I play though a Digitech grunge distortion some of the time
It's great for playing any kind of rock, especially hard rock
the sustain is great
definetly a great effect

ditto...but like many have said...all down to preferance...
i'd say teh top 3 effects manufacturers are boss, digitech and line6..aim for those can you cant go wrong, but there are also hidden gems, like Electro-Harmonix...
I use the Digitech GNX3000 straight to the PA and it sounds f**king awesome.

but before I do that I make sure to set it up the way that I want it.
seems to me most people talk sh*t about Digitech processors because they are digital, but if you go beyond the presets and do some tweaking, along with plugging them into FULL FREQUENCY RESPONSE SPEAKERS rather than the front end of an amp (which colors the tone) they can sound very good.

also, keep in mind that 90% of your audience is not going to be "tone buffs" who give a sh*t whether or not you are using a tube amp, or even know the difference.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Digitech 9 times outta 10 make lifeless, toneless, heartless junk, with the exception of the Whammy, which i own. Every experience (whammy excluded) ive had with Digitech, i've almost spewed up my lunch. Their distortions are harsh and lack balls and low end, Their overdrives severely lack emotion and life, Their delay is medicore, their phaser sounds dreadful, and their multi-effects are an epitome of all the crap previously mentioned. Go Boss or preferably MXR.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Jan 9, 2007,
Quote by hellview_666
ditto...but like many have said...all down to preferance...
i'd say teh top 3 effects manufacturers are boss, digitech and line6..aim for those can you cant go wrong, but there are also hidden gems, like Electro-Harmonix...

that's true, i have a Electro-harmonix small clone and that's just amazing
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks