Hey everyone, i've stumbed across some really good prices on some of the discontinued RG models, and the now discontinued S470.

Ibanez RG570 - http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=454266

($350)

1. Is this a good deal?
2. What trem does it have, and how good is it?
3. All 570's i've seen are HSH config, this is HSS, why?

Ibanez RG470 - http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=455770 and http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=480948

($300)

1. Good deal?
2. Good trem?

Ibanez S470 - http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=422614

($400)

1. Does this have the ZR trem? If not, what does it have?
Fro the looks of it, the s470 has a Edge trem and not the ZR trem. And is the s470 really discontinued now Better buy the s470 at my store soon then
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Man those pictures suck, and iw ish they would give some sort of a description on the guitar.

anyway, as for the first RG570, i would ask for a serial number on it, but if its genuine (i guess it should be) then it *i think* comes with the original Edge Trem (best of the best?), and the Original Wizard Neck.

The RG470, i would stay away from, as all the ones i have seen have came with not good trems

The S470, it would be alot easier if we knew the year of it to determine what trem it comes with..or at least a close up

but i could be wrong o all of this

sorry
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

The Edge II is supposedly better than the Edge III, but still shit.

If you can find out what trem the RG570/S470 have, iw ould go for either of those
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

that's an rg560, that's why it is h/s/s. it's from '89-92 i'm sure, give or take a year. go look at the catalogs.
that s470 has a trs variant on it instead of the zr (it's a few years older). stay away from it.
stay away from the rg470 as it also has a trs variant.

that rg560 is the best deal. it has an original edge and if is in good condition, it's a steal for 350.
How much to RG560's go for new?

That's an odd pickup config for an RG, I usually only see HSH or HH.

How are the pickups in it?
Yeah, that's a 560 not a 570. Pretty good deal for it too. Still, for that price you can get a 570 off ebay. But, if you're picking from those, I'd go with the 560.
Quote by TJM2482
How much to RG560's go for new?

That's an odd pickup config for an RG, I usually only see HSH or HH.

How are the pickups in it?

560's are discontinued, so there is no new price. the price of used ones vary quite a bit - probably more than other rg5xx's. some people really desire a single coil in the neck and will pay up towards $500+ for a very *good* one. decent ones can be had from 300-400+ as usual with used rg's.

it used to be a pretty normal pickup config. but all ibanez does these days is h/s/h or h/h the pickups should be s1/s1/v2 (neck/middle/bridge) if stock. decent for stock pickups really.
Can anyone find a better deal for an Ibanez RG/S on that site? They have some good deals.
Is the Lo-Pro good? Im not familiar with the QM pickups, are they good?

Im not a huge fan of the color and neck, but it looks solid.

How long do these guitars stay up on musicgoround? I might have to wait another week or two to get th emoney for the RG, hopefully nobody else will snag it.
Just put half down on layaway.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
Man those pictures suck, and iw ish they would give some sort of a description on the guitar.

anyway, as for the first RG570, i would ask for a serial number on it, but if its genuine (i guess it should be) then it *i think* comes with the original Edge Trem (best of the best?), and the Original Wizard Neck.

The RG470, i would stay away from, as all the ones i have seen have came with not good trems

The S470, it would be alot easier if we knew the year of it to determine what trem it comes with..or at least a close up

but i could be wrong o all of this

sorry

+1

that's not a 570, though, it's a 560 or something like that.

But, from what I know now, and assuming they're all genuine, definitely the 570 (or 560).
The 560 might have a lo-pro edge trem, it's equally good to the edge.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah im gonna go for the RG560. Hopefully it'll still still be up in a week or two.

Thanks for the help everyone.