Hi,

I was given a Crybaby Wah Wah pedal for Christmas - and within 5 minutes it's not working. I can no longer click between the wah wah pedal and clean state, no matter how hard I push down towards the toe end, the wah will not come on again - is my pedal broken and should I take it back? I did wonder if the stomp button was just a bit stiff and needs lossening up but can't even figure out how to do that. I have read various reviews and am inclined to agree with the majority in that they are built to last, I've read some comments from people saying how you could probably run it over with your car it'd still work!!

Grateful for any help/advice,
Stevie
do u use a battery or plug? cuz my guess would be that the batteries dead
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
So you click the switch and theres no wah and only a clean guitar tone or no sound at all? Check your cables and battery/power source
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
try pressing the button down with your finger see if that does anything...
Maybe a wire is loose in the actual unit?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
Well The button is stiff and yes I can switch it underneath with my hands but, not with the feet, the button just seems very stiff. I opened the pedal up to see if I could see anything but can't see anything untoward, The button doesn't click, it did in the first 5/10 minutes of usage now it just doesn't click.
Well that doesn't seem to work either, may as well resign myself to the fact that it is buggered and take it back and try and salvage a refund :S
Replace the switch and see if it works
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
just take it back and get another, the shop'll just send it to where they got it from.

Dont, however, say you took it appart cos that'll void the warrenty.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
The only thing I thought of doing is that where the switch is, I can unscrew it, I did think maybe if I unscrew it, would I be able to perhaps loosen the switch?
I have a crybaby pedal, and i am having alot of problems with it too. Every once in a while, when the pedal is off (but plugged into my amp) the gain and volume of my guitar goes down, way down. Currently, if I turn the pedal on, the entire volume of my guitar goes away. I've tried fiddling with the knobs, and I put a new battery in it, but the problem occurs. You are not alone.
my wah locked in the on position and refused to go off.
i sent it back and i got it replaced. been working like a dream ever since.
Top lel.
Yea, little problem with Wahs, a batch of them are usually defective. Just send it back to the store and see what the hell they can do besides cuss.