Ive got a fender starcaster. i just started like a month ago, and the strings are breakin all the time. and the top 2 strings rattle when I strum.

What should I get? My limit is 350, id prefer under 300 but I want to get something that will sound perfect clean and distorted.

please help me out

Also, is taking begginner lessons worth it?
Yamaha Pacifica.

And lessons are very much worth it if you're really into guitar. Make sure you find a teacher who will teach you what you want as opposed to a teacher that gives the same lessons to everyone.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
If you want a good sound you should be looking at a new amp. What kind of music are you into?
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
just because you have some problems with your guitar, doesnt mean you need a new one. and from fender to yamaha? that dont sound right to me, yes it is a good idea to take lessons, an learn some stuff about your guitar.
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

Well i want a new guitar for 2 reasons.

1 I want a different color, lol and 2. mine sorta sucks.

I may end up buying a new amp but we'll see.

How do I adjust my action? ( may just get proffesionals to do it)

strings are breaking at the bridge
i have a pacifica. if you want to hear how it sounds through a decent amp, check out my myspace or sound click, where i have recordings.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by Destiny952
Ive got a fender starcaster. i just started like a month ago, and the strings are breakin all the time. and the top 2 strings rattle when I strum.

What should I get? My limit is 350, id prefer under 300 but I want to get something that will sound perfect clean and distorted.

please help me out

Also, is taking begginner lessons worth it?

i had a starcaster, it broke strings alot too :P

Upgraded to a mex strat sooooooooo much better
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
get a set up on you;re guitar 40 bucks =get new vox 15w tube amp good for any music 189.99 there you go and you;ll be good for like 4 5 years
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I have a starcaster. Its not so bad. Its just as good as the yamaha. Im also going to assume that your using the SP-10 amp that came with it. Anything will sound crappy with that amp. Use your 300$ on a amp. Don't worry about your guitars color either.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by Destiny952
So Fender is better over yamaha?

Usually, but not always.

The Fender Starcaster is crap, and most Yamahas are better than a good deal of Squiers (which are owned by Fender).
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by TJM2482
Spend your extra $100-150 on pickups, and you got yourself a good guitar.

No he shouldn't buy pickups. He's only been playing for a month and he's using a bedroom amp.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
No he shouldn't buy pickups. He's only been playing for a month and he's using a bedroom amp.

Okay, if he wants a new guitar for cheap the RG I posted is nice and $100 off the normal price.

Then he could save the $150 and buy a Vox AD15VT.
how are the strings breaking at the bridge

if they are like shredding themselves there you should try to get something to smooth them out

and adjust action by adjusting bridge height, which will remove buzzing too. just do so by getting an allan wrench and tightening the screws on either side of the string on your bridge
I recommend that you get that guitar setup. Play it for a while then buy something else. Starter guitars will almost always need a good setup. Hell, MOST guitars need a good setup.