Ok Ive made a couple of threads about certain guitars but id think id rather the experts gave me their suggestions.

This is my second guitar. Ok well I play mainly metal/shreddy stuff. I want a warm fat tone and a fast neck. My budget is £200-300 (im on a very tight one as u can see). I dont need a trem. If it looks cool its a bonus (not necessary tho)

Thanks you all very much for any help

EDIT: id like to add this isnt my first guitar and im replacing my bronze series mockingbird ( )
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Jan 6, 2007,
how about the ibanez rg350ex they have fast necks not sure how good the trem on them are. they are around £290
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
the ibanez that the other guy mentioned....try and save up for an RGT42dfx. come in trem and no trem versions. but play things out first and try and get it off gak.co.uk or get your local store to price match it. also, try and play the guitar through a rig as similar to your own as possible, so that you wont go home and find your guitar doesnt sound as great as it does through a £2.5k mesa boogie
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by PLOP
the ibanez that the other guy mentioned....try and save up for an RGT42dfx. come in trem and no trem versions. but play things out first and try and get it off gak.co.uk or get your local store to price match it. also, try and play the guitar through a rig as similar to your own as possible, so that you wont go home and find your guitar doesnt sound as great as it does through a £2.5k mesa boogie

ye ye I no this isnt my first guitar. I was thinking about that Ibanez I made a thread about It yesterday and Im going to the shop 2 try it tomorrow. But I was wondering if there were any other guitars I should try while im there. Also id like to add im probably gonna replace the stock pups.

to creepingdeath: the only difference between the evil edge and my bronze is the bridge, an extra volume knob and the pickguard.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Last edited by Mechanixx at Jan 7, 2007,
I have a Kramer Striker FR-424CM.

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=328

Cheap guitar, decent stock pups, the trem isn't the best (I was adjusting the damn thing for 2 hours today) but it isn't bad.

It will do your blues if you roll the volume way back on a light overdrive (very high output humbuckers) or use the single coil (which is really a humbucker as well).

However, MusicYo is out of stock until march.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
bump

please help Id like to know what im gonna look for when at the store tomorrow
Quote by Rockstar12345
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
Nah I dont live anywhere near any schecters sadly, because they were something I was looking at.

So the things I will try when Im at the shop are an Ibanez Rg350 and a Epiphone Les Paul. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Try out everything that is in your price range and doesnt have any trem...

simple as that...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Try out everything that is in your price range and doesnt have any trem...

simple as that...

That I guess is the simple way, but I asked here so that I could save some time and not try every single guitar in the shop.

Any more suggestions are appreciated.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Try a Dean Vendetta if you see one, they have really nice necks and I like the stock pups on them as well, there are different models in the series, I -think- I've played a 2 and a 3 and they were very nice. Look into Jacksons as well if you're playing metal, they're as metal as you can get.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
look at jacksons like ar73m said, you can get fairly decent ones in your price range which are terrific for metal.Also, you could save up a little more and get a maverick guitar of some kind, I got my F-1 HT for £380 and they are perfect for shred.
Ibanez S470. LPs necks aren't as fast as Ibanez/Fender - I would know, I have one.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by TCkarlos
Standard Tele

WTF?!
he said he plays metal/shreddy! not fuking blues or bluegrass!!
Ye I would love a jackson but the only one near me is a SL1 (over 1000£, and although I am quite sure that a Jackson would be amazing Id rather try something before I buy.

Ar73m: how much is a dean vendetta. A shop near me stocks Deans (although mainly Razorbacks and MLs) so I could look into that.
Quote by Rockstar12345
Last edited by Mechanixx at Jan 7, 2007,
Look into Ibanezes in your price range, Jacksons in your price range, Maybe Washburn, if you're more leaning to the metal rather than the shred look at ESP/LTD though I'm not sure £300 will get you a decent one though.

If you can find an S470 you can stop looking, it'd be perfect, great ttrem, great neck, HSH pickup config, if not you could find the (more expensive) one that hasnt been deiscontinued so it'll be easier to find, S520ex which is the same only HH and the inlay looks like a scratch mark, looks snazzy, it comes in purple or Black, I prefer the S470 but thats an option, oh and remember to buy of GAK.com if you're buying an S520 cos they're like £490 in my local guitar shop but only about £370 on GAK
Quote by Mechanixx
Ye I would love a jackson but the only one near me is a SL1 (over 1000£, and although I am quite sure that a Jackson would be amazing Id rather try something before I buy.

Ar73m: how much is a dean vendetta. A shop near me stocks Deans (although mainly Razorbacks and MLs) so I could look into that.

Just looked into Deans again for you, here's my favorite Dean I've ever played-

https://sslvpn.is.uk.easynet.net/pf/pages/mia.asp,DanaInfo=www.edirectory.co.uk+?recordid=3012225&cid=880&afid=88888

It's a string through, got nice sustain and I liked the tone I could get with it's pups, also very sweet inlays - though might take some time getting used to, definitely +++ for looks over standard dots or whatever though. I found it very easy to do bends/vibrato on this guitar, which is a + for metal/shred, just as any other guitar music I imagine, and all in all it's a very solid guitar. Price is 320something pounds on this site, pretty sure you should be able to get one for 300ish if you haggle at the store a bit, maybe even under 300.

Oh and remember if a store doesn't have any specific models at the moment, you should be able to get them to order a guitar for you if they have contacts with that particular dealer.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
I think you'll find that there really aren't many guitars in your price range w/o a trem...they put cheap trems on 90% of <$400 guitars and the other 10% don't get trems... Along the Ibanez lines, many here would reccomend the RG321 over the RG350...and I would too....it has no trem, whereas the RG321 has the Edge III which is Ibanez' lowest quality trem.
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
Quote by ledcaveman
WTF?!
he said he plays metal/shreddy! not fuking blues or bluegrass!!

umm teles can be played for metal, im pretty sure the guitarist from soulfly plays one