I get this sort of steve harris(not quite but close) clanking/clak when i play with my fingers and it gets really annouying, i dont think im "attacking" the bass too hard im sure its my right hand technique. Am i using my fingers too hard? Anything i can do to stop it?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
When your playing bass the whole deal is normally it would be plugged into an amp. when you play with your fingers the goal isnt to pluck the string, its just to basically lay your finger on top with little pressure and pull up towards your body. If you hear noises like you say then you should probably turn your amp up, and use less tension on your fingers, think like your jammin some blues and shit. I hope I understood your question as you meant it!
Quote by Chhalo2002
When your playing bass the whole deal is normally it would be plugged into an amp. when you play with your fingers the goal isnt to pluck the string, its just to basically lay your finger on top with little pressure and pull up towards your body. If you hear noises like you say then you should probably turn your amp up, and use less tension on your fingers, think like your jammin some blues and shit. I hope I understood your question as you meant it!

yeah i dont pluck but i think i sort of slap with my fingers?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
You're hitting the strings too hard and it's hitting the last fret. Just turn up your amp and don't play so hard. I still have that problem.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by LittleMan_LittlePenis
You're hitting the strings too hard and it's hitting the last fret. Just turn up your amp and don't play so hard. I still have that problem.

its so annouying
<//////>~
Like people have said, try and play lighter on the strings, and maybe raise you action a bit to stop the strings hitting the last fret
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
The string could also be hitting the magnet of the pickup because you're hitting the string too hard and too much toward your body. Either way whether it's fret or magnet the answwer is to lighten up.
i dont think im hitting it that hard and im not comfortable when im playing really soft and you can barely hear it even through an amp
<//////>~