I am currently play an '06 reissue of a '72 Tele deluxe. I really like the feel, but it's made of Alder, so it's got alot of highs, and I'd like to get some more mids out of it. So, what pups would you guys and maybe girls, suggest?
Hot rails, maybe?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
budget? amp?

you have pi wrong, by the way.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't really have a budget, I play it through an old Fender M-80 300W SS combo, and after 3.14 I just hit random numbers.

I'm really only looking at changing the bridge, thats pretty much the one that I don't like the sound of. When I mix it with the necker, it sounds fine, and the necker sounds fine by itself, but the bridge sounds way too trebley.

What about a burstbucker?
Well, im not sure what to tell you.......have you tried rolling the tone knob back some, and turning down your amp's treble?

Quote by Dave_Mc
you have pi wrong, by the way.

I was thinking the same thing.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
pi = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105.......

it goes on forever.
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
where are you in the world? that affects the value you'd get on the pickups.

also, most people will tell you a new amp will do you more good than a new pickup, unless your current one sucks chronically...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They amp is okay for an SS... A good tuber is quite out of the budget, at least the one I want. I live in Texas, namely Dallas.

I have tried rolling off the treble, but it gets too sterile for my taste. I may just be being too picky...
Rio Grande BBQ in the bridge (Muy Grande if you want something a little hotter)
Dimarzio virtual PAF or Duncan vintage PAF neck.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.