eBay is not producing; is it possible to find a tube amp around 120$ U.S.D. in the Detroit/Dearborn area, that isn't broken/absolute shit?
Thanks.

I have wanted a decent amp for a long time. I got the wah and Tubescreamer a while back, and my patience is dying. I adore the Fender Blues Junior, is the Valve Junior comparable tone-wise? What about the Valbee? Are these amps sold at Guitar Center? Thanks.
I bought my blues junior at the Allen Park Guitar Center but I didn't see the Epi or Ibanez amps there.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Quote by spittle8
I adore the Fender Blues Junior, is the Valve Junior comparable tone-wise? What about the Valbee? Are these amps sold at Guitar Center?

The Epi's a little darker than tha Blues Jr, but has a nice tone all it's own. You could probably get the combo new for close to your budget. Before Christmas, a shop by me was listing it at $119. Go to the store and bargain! Money well spent, IMHO.

They don't sell Valbees in the US.

$120 is a tough budget. I've seen the Blues Jr used for $300. And the Pro Jr in the low $200's. You don't see many of the smaller amps for sale. You never see the Epi VJ. I guess it's so cheap new that it's not worth selling. I can't imagine bothering to sell mine.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The Epi's a little darker than tha Blues Jr, but has a nice tone all it's own. You could probably get the combo new for close to your budget. Before Christmas, a shop by me was listing it at $119. Go to the store and bargain! Money well spent, IMHO.

They don't sell Valbees in the US.

$120 is a tough budget. I've seen the Blues Jr used for $300. And the Pro Jr in the low $200's. You don't see many of the smaller amps for sale. You never see the Epi VJ. I guess it's so cheap new that it's not worth selling. I can't imagine bothering to sell mine.

It is a tough budget. Still, I find myself playing with much more desire and passion when unplugged. I want to enjoy the noise coming from my amp! I've waited too ****ing long, the time is -now-.

What combo? The Valve Junior? The Craigslist advice was good. It appears I might have found a "class A tube amp, new" for 110$.

Is it really okay to bargain at a music shop? I've been curious if that works. I guess I'd be more comfortable doing that at Marshall's music, but at Guitar Center? Do they even do that? Cheers, brothers of the faith.
Quote by spittle8
It is a tough budget. Still, I find myself playing with much more desire and passion when unplugged. I want to enjoy the noise coming from my amp! I've waited too ****ing long, the time is -now-.

What combo? The Valve Junior? The Craigslist advice was good. It appears I might have found a "class A tube amp, new" for 110$.

Is it really okay to bargain at a music shop? I've been curious if that works. I guess I'd be more comfortable doing that at Marshall's music, but at Guitar Center? Do they even do that? Cheers, brothers of the faith.

I've never really shopped at Marshall's but you can bargain with GC. I saw some guy walk outta there with one of those cheep ass crate halfstacks new for like $300.

BTW, I didn't see the VJ head there at GC when i was there
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Quote by spittle8

Yes, I meant the Valve Jr. combo.

Craig's List is great, I've gotten a bunch of stuff off of there. What amp are you looking at?

You can absolutely bargain at Guitar Center. In fact, I prefer to bargain there more than at the little shops. They're buying stuff in bulk at a discount. Without much effort, you should be able to get 10% off of anything in the store. More than that if you drive a bargain. When they look up a product for you, the screen actually tells the salesman what the lowest price they'll take for it! Try looking over their shoulder!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by thetoastinator
Save up $20, and you could buy this.

Agreed.

You can bargain $20 off them, too.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by alexh0618
I've never really shopped at Marshall's but you can bargain with GC. I saw some guy walk outta there with one of those cheep ass crate halfstacks new for like $300.

BTW, I didn't see the VJ head there at GC when i was there

Aren't you my neighbor like my neighbor, or something? Haha...

Craigslist is amazing. Whoever recommended it is a God. My amp troubles are (it appears...) solved. Cheers!

Next time I buy at Guitar Center, I'll be sure to haggle.