Hey guys I've had this spare telecaster body laying around for a while and I was thinking about cutting into it. Basically my idea is to cut into the horn of the guitar making it symetrical with the bottom cut making it a double-cut telecaster. My only real concerns are if the neck pocket would lose enough reinforcement that it might bend or break, and if I have enough material to work with on the the top horn. Here's just a picture of the tracing, tell me what you think.

im really not sure, but i think it could be ok cuz the Flying V guitars have like almost nothing holding the neck pocket, and i dont think they break
Warmoth has guitars with little wood on the sides of the neck pocket. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't sell guitars with shitty, fragile neck pockets.

Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Go for it!
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Yeah, I'd go for it if the guitar didn't cost too much....if it works, that'd be an awesome piece!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I don't see anything wrong with doing it, go for it.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I've seen it done to a Broadcaster (poor guitar), and that one is still holding together 40 years after the mod.

I would post some pictures, but I can't find them anymore.
Looks like it would be good, It would be cool, seeing as there arent too many DC Teles.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
shweet.

what about a pickup switch? put some GFS lipstick pickups in there!
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
The sides of the pocket don't really do much supporting do they? Or none at all even?
MG Free At Last
I think that since you still have some of the neck pocket left, and its got a little bit of a straightener (word?) with it, I think it should be fine.

Do it!
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
Quote by woodenbandman
shweet.

what about a pickup switch? put some GFS lipstick pickups in there!

You're the guy who bitches about GFS pickups in every pickup-related thread, aren't you?
Last edited by mr_hankey at Jan 7, 2007,
i would say it would get weak, so instead of making is the same as the bottom, you could make the wood so it connects more to the neck slot...if that made any sense to you
UG's HIPPIE
i thought someone already did this? ... im prob. wrong
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info