http://www.musicgoround.com/gear/inventorydetails.asp?id=454266

It's $350. Think it's worth it? Im not sure which trem it has, but the RG550,560, and 570's are always talked about as good guitars.

What do you think? I plan on swapping out the pickups sometime int he future if I get this.

I dont see any damage to the guitar, seems pretty legit.

My guess is that it's better than the RG350, which is $50 more.
looks in good nick but i think its missing the knob on the pick-up selector but def worth the money
My Setup:
Vintage VRS100 (Blue)
Ibanez GRG170DX (BLack)
Epiphone Explorer (Black)
Epiphone Static X Signature Flying V
PRS Satana 2 SE (Blue)
Marshall MG30DFX
Laney 90W FX2 tube amp
Boss Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
yupp it's much better! The trem looks like an original edge which is good. A pickup swap would be great! Look into swineshead pickups, they are great for their price

EDIT: dont worry, the knob on the pickup selector is often lost
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
The site is advertising it as an RG570 which I'm pretty sure it's not.
no, it's defenetly a 560 or something like that since it's got the H-S-S setup
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
I think it's a nice guitar. From what I read, they stopped making these in 1993. It should have the Edge trem...that's a good one. Negatives are HSS configuration and the age...I think the price may be on the high side for the age, but it's way better than a new RG350, IMO.

see if you can get it for $300...
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
Yes, it's mis-named, it's an RG560 due to the HSS configuration.

I'd probably put in a PAF Joe in the bridge, Vitual Solo Pro in the middle, and the Virtual Vintage Blues in the neck.

Quite a nice guitar, a well rounded quality RG with all new Dimarzio's for $600 or less
Quote by Yoder
Negatives are HSS configuration and the age

You what now?
HSS is a great pickup configuration, not as good as HSH IMO but its still very good!
Also I've heard with age the wood gets better or something, so the age is fine unless you left it out in the backyard for the whole time.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
You what now?
HSS is a great pickup configuration, not as good as HSH IMO but its still very good!
Also I've heard with age the wood gets better or something, so the age is fine unless you left it out in the backyard for the whole time.

I agree with you, but as you said, most like HSH better than HSS...it's a small negative. And the fact that the guitar is 14 years old or greater MAY be a deterrent to some....another potential negative. I personally would want it for $300 due to the age, but would not shy away from it if the condition is good...nice guitar.
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
It's a rare guitar, has a great trem, and has 24 ftres. For $350, thats a great deal in my opinion, especially when you compare it to the RG350, which is $50 more.
Quote by Yoder
I agree with you, but as you said, most like HSH better than HSS...it's a small negative. And the fact that the guitar is 14 years old or greater MAY be a deterrent to some....another potential negative. I personally would want it for $300 due to the age, but would not shy away from it if the condition is good...nice guitar.

Hey! Someone else who has a GSA60!
Yeah, man I don't think you'll be unhappy with that guitar...go for it!

Yeah, I've got a GSA60 too! How do you like it? It's really not a bad sounding guitar and the neck is really thin. People on here diss this guitar due to the Agathis body, but I bet most have not even played it. I bought it at Sam Ash on the recommendation of the sales guys. He steered me clear of the Squires and the lower end Ibanez models. It's been a good guitar. You'll like the "real" tremolo on that 560, though...
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
Quote by Yoder
Yeah, man I don't think you'll be unhappy with that guitar...go for it!

Yeah, I've got a GSA60 too! How do you like it? It's really not a bad sounding guitar and the neck is really thin. People on here diss this guitar due to the Agathis body, but I bet most have not even played it. I bought it at Sam Ash on the recommendation of the sales guys. He steered me clear of the Squires and the lower end Ibanez models. It's been a good guitar. You'll like the "real" tremolo on that 560, though...

I like my GSA60, I recommend it to any beginner who wants a cheaper guitar.

But yeah, hopefully this guitar stays up on that site for just a little longer, im waiting for my parents to get the money back from a pedal and tab book I returned, it'll give me enough.
I dont think this RG comes with a case, should I be worried about them shipping it without a case?
hm i would have thort it would, being 14 years old i would have thort the owner would have invested in a hardcase lol, if not i expect he will do a good job of repping it in bubblerap etc..
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
That company ships a lot of guitars, so I'd imagine they know what they're doing. Maybe you could buy a gig bag from them and have them ship it in that for extra protection?
Quote by Yoder
That company ships a lot of guitars, so I'd imagine they know what they're doing. Maybe you could buy a gig bag from them and have them ship it in that for extra protection?

Yeah that'd be smart. I plan on getting a hardshell case sometime after my purchase, are all RG cases the same shape?
Yeah, Ibanez has about 3 different cases...$70, $110, and $120 or so. The cheap one is more of a universal case and is not cut for an RG whereas the other two are. I think they fit Ibanez S and RG models. I also would like a hardshell at somepoint since they didn't include cases with pre-2005 RG1570s. I kinda don't feel like storing it though...too much stuff!
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
Yeah, im a little dissappointed that it has an HSS setup instead of an HSH, but it's still a great guitar for the price, so I dont mind as much.
Well, even if youi had HSH, you'd probably just use the bridge humbucker anyways...it's got more chunk to it then the neck pickup. And I never realized that you cant select both humbuckers simultaneously anyways without changing the wiring.
My stuff...

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez GSA60
Vox AD30VT
YEah that's why im not too dissappointed, I could use the bridge for heavier stuff, and the neck for some bluesy tones.
Yeah, I feel unwanted on the Ibanez forum with a GSA60 where they all seem to have 5 JEM's, a few RG Prestiges, and a few custom S's in their collection

I've never shopped there, how long do products usually stay up? I might need a week or two to come up with some more cash.
get it. it either has an Edge or Edge Lo Pro trem which are good. Its a 560 since its an hss.

definitely get it, great price.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by TJM2482
Yeah, I feel unwanted on the Ibanez forum with a GSA60 where they all seem to have 5 JEM's, a few RG Prestiges, and a few custom S's in their collection

I've never shopped there, how long do products usually stay up? I might need a week or two to come up with some more cash.

Yeah. It's worse on Jemsite, though. In fact, I started a topic about it yesterday on Jemsite, and I really regret it now. Too bad you can't delete your own topics like you can here. Basically, they all think I'm a spoilt bastard because my first (and only) electric is an Epi G-310, and I desire a Prestige. What I think is funny is that they bitch about their guitars as much as I did, if not more. They're like, "Why can't S Prestiges have original Wizard necks? Why can't they discontinue the Edge Pro and replace them with the original Edge?" They're mostly guys in their '30s who couldn't make it in the music biz, so they collect expensive Ibanezes to make themselves feel better about working in cubicles.