I played a Fender Blues Junior today and boy was it amazing. This was the first time I was able to really push a tube amp and play it.

Now i'm thinking about reselling my ad30vt and with bit of extra cash I got, get the Fender.

But I really like my ad30vt and would like to know if it's worth replacing with a Blues Junior, is it alot louder as a tube amp? Is it overall going to be better than my current VOX?

I will be playing with a drummer soon and may do smal-medium gigs.

Edit: I was also planning to wait one year for a Hot Rod Deluxe or AC30. If those are worth the wait, I won't buy.

Thanks -Zp4
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
It would definitely be worth it to go for the Blues Jr. It's just a much better amp, and will be better suited for small gigs.

But, in the long run, you're probably better off with your plan to wait a year and get the bigger amp. A 30-40W tube will carry you for a long, long time.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
+1
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
I went from a AD30VT to a Carvin SS amp, then to a Blues Junior. IMO, the change was worth it, the vox was great but you cant beat the BJ's tone. It doesnt have much gain but if you throw a pedal in front of it, you'll be set.

Oh yea, its not loads louder than the AD30 so you can really push the tubes and make it sound much better when you play with a drummer.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Last edited by alexh0618 at Jan 6, 2007,
I think it would be worth the wait for the AC dude.. Much nicer!!! and you will orgasm to its tone!
the wait for an AC30 prolly would be better but the Blues Junior is still a great amp if you needed to get it.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
^Ohh yeah, very good amps, but when you have the option of an AC you just cant resist its puppy eyes lol.
Thanks guys, I think i'll be saving up for the bigger amp. I'll need it for the gigs and our drummer just bashes away.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 7, 2007,
Oops sorry for the double post, but if I got a high watt tube amp, like the Hot Rod Deluxe or AC30, how would it play in the bedroom? I need to play gigs but it also helps if I can play in my room.
Since that's where I am most of the time.

The Blues Jr can handle band practices etc very well too don't forget.

And the thing is, you won't really be able to get the best out of the Hot Rod or AC30 in your bedroom, without spending more to get an attenuator.

Anyway, I've got a Blues Jr, and it's an amazing amp, sounds great with OD pedals (makes up for it's lack of OD channel), and if you think it's worth the upgrade, it is.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by zeppelinpage4
I was also planning to wait one year for a Hot Rod Deluxe or AC30. If those are worth the wait, I won't buy.

Thanks -Zp4

I always thought the AC30 was the flagship of the Vox line. Also, I thought the AC30 was about twice the price of the Hot Rod Deluxe. In other words, I don't consider the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe in the same category as the Vox AC30. If you are saving for one of those, go for the AC30.

That being said, the Blues Jr. is a nice little amp. I've had one and the only flaws I saw were the mediocre reverb and boxy sound from the small cabinet. Other than that, it was great for the $$. How about an AC15 for close to the same $$?