I sold my amp for $600 and I am going to buy some new gear. Im not in a band anymore so I dont need a big amp. I do alot of home recording so im thinking about either a pod xtlive or the pod xt pro. But I also am looking into getting a tube combo amp, either a 5150, xxx, or any marshall I could get. Im set on mics, I have a mixer, Id like to get some moniters aswell.

Anybody have input?
Sorry,
I play basically all styles, alot of punk, metal, hardcore, blues, jazz. But mainly the first 3.
Ive also heard the B52 at is a good amp aswell.
The XXX is way high on gain...I play out of them when I go to the music shop(mainly cuz there to lazy to kook me up with anything else) But the XXX have so much gain its not even funny, they have 3 channels, clean crunch and ultra...I only recomend this amp if you play hardcore metal thrash. The channels have separte settings whish is cool tho. I played a 5105 over xmas and it wanst that bad, really bright tho IMO. Its 2 channels i think Clean and effect...I play alot of blues so I didnt think it was right for me, It had some decent modern tones tho. If your going with some combos and play classic rock maybe try a fender vibroking, deluxe reverb or maybe a twin reverb...try ebay, they have some nice amps of those. Maybe check out gabes marshall thread for some ideas on marshalls.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Rad, thanks for all that. But the 5150 bright? All ive heard is how dark it is.
The 5150 I played was really old...Idk if that makes a diff. But when i was playing farther down the neck the more you let it ring the amp seemed to get outta control. Like if you play really distorted the amp goes nuts and and screams...Do you know what I mean? lol idk. It just seemed to do that alot. I ended up fumbling aroud with knobs and everything for like 45 minutes and i still was getting some sick loudness.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby