Alright, I actually made this 2 years ago, but the time has come for other people to admire it

This is the Circuit diagram is used for the pedal:
http://members.shaw.ca/roma/fuzz.html

here we go...

Is that thing HOT or what??

UPDATE:

Alright, here it is: I wasnt warmed up or anything, so the timing isnt right sometimes, the picking isnt up to par; this is just me screwing around with some scales, solos and a bunch of drop D riffs. In the beginning its clean (Cube 30X), after that the distortion is kicked in. Settings on the pedal: Gain & Tone Max, Volume at 9 o'clock. Settings on the Cube: Bass at 12 o'clock, Mids & Treble at 3 o'clock; Channel JC Clean, Volume at 9 o'clock, no FX.

http://rapidshare.com/files/15913380/Recording5.mp3.html

Please tell me what you think
Last edited by alreadygone at Apr 3, 2007,
it's not how it looks, it's how it plays
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
looks kinda dangerous with a switch on the side, have you ever stepped on it? i would..
Seems really well done.
I'd like to hear that sound recording too.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
It may sound good but my only problem with it is the lay out of the controls. I think its just too cluttered on one end. I understand why you put everything on that end since the pc board is so big. But thats my only problem. Other then that good job.
^ Yeah i would've put the switch at the bottom and the knobs facing up at the top.

Just a bit of CC. ^^
Leaders Of Men
IndieStore

-Gig Rig-
Fender MIM Strat (arctic white)
Boss ME-50
HH Performer 150.

-Practice Rig-
Squire Master Series Deluxe Thinline Telecaster. w/ Bill lawrence XL-500
Boss ME-50
Marshall MG15CDR
Well the circuit diagram I used was a fuzz circuit, but with the gain all the way up it sounds pretty heavy. I guess if I built another one nowadays, I'd probably use an empty body from Boss (they offer those for like 30&euro and put the pc board in there.
Well - any other suggestions for a name?

The Pedal I use when I play stuff like Staind or Breaking Benjamin, or anything where I need to switch between clean and distorted.

I built it cause at the time I didnt feel like putting 100 bucks down for a brand pedal, but I do have my eye on a Boss MD-2 now. The next amp I'm getting is either a Roland Cube 30X or a Vox AD30VT (See my threads in the Gear and Accessories Forum ^^) - any advice here ? I dont play just heavy stuff, I also like acoustic music like some unplugged concerts or jack johnson, and also stuff like MCR or Counting Crows, or whatever I feel like learning.
They have both in stock at the store, Ill be checking them out next weekend.
Quote by alreadygone
Alright, so whats the easiest way to post a sound sample in .mp3 format?

Upload it to MegaUpload or something, or put in a .ZIP file and hope that it doesn't go over the limit.
WOW!!!! so it sounds great? it looks wicked!!!!
anychance you could show me how to make something like it?
dont worry, im not gonna copy your stuff...but it would be cool to get soem ideas ya know?
UG's HIPPIE
~G{}{}BER~
Read the stickies.

Why'd you put the knobs there? Seem easy to step on and break.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
woa sweet, i want to make a pedal. how would i go about doing that
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Wow!! Guys I'm so impressed with the feedback I've been getting on this!

@ That Pink Queen: The Knobs in the front are OK, and the On/Off Switch on the side is alright
too, unless you're silly drunk youre not gonna break it

@ Goober & Music Man & Anyone else whos interested: This is the Circuit diagram is used for the pedal. Like it says on the Website it came from, you need some basic knowledge about electronics. My dad helped me bunch with this though.

http://members.shaw.ca/roma/fuzz.html

It'll post the sample in a moment.
Alright, here it is: I wasnt warmed up or anything, so the timing isnt right sometimes, the picking isnt up to par; this is just me screwing around with some scales, solos and a bunch of drop D riffs. In the beginning its clean (Cube 30X), after that the distortion is kicked in. Settings on the pedal: Gain & Tone Max, Volume at 9 o'clock. Settings on the Cube: Bass at 12 o'clock, Mids & Treble at 3 o'clock; Channel JC Clean.

http://rapidshare.com/files/15913380/Recording5.mp3.html

Please tell me what you think.
Last edited by alreadygone at Feb 10, 2007,
i say name it something really weird but you could still tell its distortion, like...
STEEL NIPPLE DISTORTION
the game
Sounds pretty good with gain turned up. How much did it cost overall for this and how many hours did it take to build it?
I don't think that it was more than 30 bucks for all the parts. Prolly even less than 20, although I don't remember anymore.
Building it took me a couple afternoons, and since I wasn't working on it every day, it was all done after about 2 weeks, including planning, shopping, building and testing it.
I can't get the sound sample...

Try putting it on something that's good, like Yousendit.

Looks pretty cool.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
wow dude that thing sounds really good, mad props for it theres no way i'd be able to make a pedal lol, well done
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'm jealous.

I love the sound of it.

If I knew anything about electronics I'd have to make my own.

I just gained alot of respect for you dude.

thats rad.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.