I'm sorry if there is already a thread like this, but I just want to help out the people with whammy bars on their guitars including myself. If this thread if a problem the Moderators just go ahead and close it ok? Thanks :-)

Well if you guys have any really cool Whammy Bar Tricks please post them here. You wont only be helping people find new tricks but you will find some cool ones you would want to try out yourself. Well go ahead and post any tricks you would like

EDIT: I just added a trick on page 2 check it out.
Last edited by guitar-lover34 at Jan 7, 2007,
Look up the tab for Bad Horsie by Steve Vai, just in the intro theres a cool thing to do, not hard, hit a harmonic and pull up, also hit a harmonic, have the bar facing away from the neck, then pull up (so it lowers pitch) whilst shaking it, if that made sense, those two moves are done in bad horsie for reference.

And there's the Joe Satriani squeals, I think you have to push the bar down, hit a pinch harmonic on an open string and pul up, or something like that.
Pacman Noise (Dragonforces trick):

take your bar off an drag the part that would go into the hole on ur trem across where the middle pickup is/would be while muting the strings with your left hand

Elephant noise (Dragonforces trick):

lightly put your fingers on 5 on the D string and 7 on the G and hit the harmonics while you have the volume down, the pull up on the bar (raising the pitches) while you swell the volume

Divebomb squeal (best known for from dimebag):

(works best on the G string) flick the string with your left hand and EVENLY lower the bar and tap a harmonic anywhere between the 2nd and 12th fret and EVENLY let the bar come back up and if you want you can pull the bar up
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
I saw Hermin Li take the whammy bar off, then rake it across the strings to sound like a pac man video game.... CrAzY!
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
you can use to play with feedback or the dragonforce motorbike noise where you lower the pitch all the way an make it rumple kinda like its starting up an slowly raise it while actually goin down a lil bit an hitting the string again to make it sound like a gear shift then when your all the way at the top you can hit a harmonic an go crazy an divebomb it like you got into an accident =D
Quote by HxCori<3
you can use to play with feedback or the dragonforce motorbike noise where you lower the pitch all the way an make it rumple kinda like its starting up an slowly raise it while actually goin down a lil bit an hitting the string again to make it sound like a gear shift then when your all the way at the top you can hit a harmonic an go crazy an divebomb it like you got into an accident =D

No, BAD!

Thats following what herman li does and you cant ever use it in a song, the only usable part is the driving part of it which wasnt invented by Herman Li, Satch did it first on Motorcycle Driver off the Extremist album which was made in the 80s.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
No, BAD!

Thats following what herman li does and you cant ever use it in a song, the only usable part is the driving part of it which wasnt invented by Herman Li, Satch did it first on Motorcycle Driver off the Extremist album which was made in the 80s.

Ummm... okay.
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can you not use the search function?
Do you know how many official threads about this has been made already?
Do you know you are a lazy dumbfruck(yes, dumbfruck) who doesn't know how to use the search?
Can you get a brain, please?>
You are a retard

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2398840
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by mw7

You can do things cooler than that with your whammy.
Just check out some Vai really, he does loads of cool stuff.
Quote by jimmiew
Pacman Noise (Dragonforces trick):

take your bar off an drag the part that would go into the hole on ur trem across where the middle pickup is/would be while muting the strings with your left hand

Elephant noise (Dragonforces trick):

lightly put your fingers on 5 on the D string and 7 on the G and hit the harmonics while you have the volume down, the pull up on the bar (raising the pitches) while you swell the volume

Divebomb squeal (best known for from dimebag):

(works best on the G string) flick the string with your left hand and EVENLY lower the bar and tap a harmonic anywhere between the 2nd and 12th fret and EVENLY let the bar come back up and if you want you can pull the bar up

Dude, EVH came up with the elephant noise way before Herman. Hell, maybe before Herman was even born.

Steve Vai's songs typically have some pretty cool techniques. For example, he makes flute sounds by slightly depressing his bar and putting his pinky around his volume knob, then fretting a note, letting go of the bar, and turning the volume up. You have to coordinate letting go of the bar and swelling the volume, otherwise it won't work. Repeat as desired. Example: "Erotic Nightmares" (Passion & Warfare, Track 2), 3:13-3:26
Satches space sounds - F T W
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
So do you guys think this thread is helpful? Sorry if it has been made over and over lol but just trying to help out
Hey guys try this trick out. it kinda sounds like a laugh if you do it right.

Grab the bar with your left hand and slack the strings about halfway. Now with the edge of your pick, scape and bounce it on the strings (start in between your humbuckers) Angle the pick so that it's it at a slight angle (like this __/_), so it catches the string alittle, and bounce it towards the neck pickup as you time the release and depresion of the bar. Get a feel for the big sounding HA HA HA HA.
How about learning to use the edit function?
It's easy to help out, learn to use the search function. Just look at the contribution so far, wow, so numerous (sarcasm, because with yor intelligence you'd fail to realize this). If you do a count on how many 'official whammy bar tricks' there are on the server, you'd be amazed by the number, that is if you can count.

This is not helpful at all, these tricks come up all the time in the whammy bar tricks thread.

This thread is just a waste of server space, man, one can just copy the posts made before, this is way redundant. This thread is a waste of server space, I say again. What's more? You're a waste of space in this world.