Don't You Hate It When somone says that you suck at guitar/other instruments?

Page 1 of 2
I hate when someone's like " you suck at guitar. I'd kik ur azz at it". Then you challenge them to a "guitar-off" and they suck so bad. Then there like," O i wasnt doin my best".
guitar-off's are retarded
taking criticism negatively is retarded
therefore this thread is?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
why would you challenge some one to a "guitar-off" it doesnt matter how's better, it's about making music
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Get that a bit, but then I just grab the darkest secret I know that person has and expose it. It helps to be the local shrink.
I think it is just as pathetic to challenge someone to a "guitar battle"
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by IndieMetalhead

hence the

/Thread
Quote by IndieMetalhead

i would like to guess the word is...."retarded"?
I'm better than everybody in the entire world evaaaar so thats never happened to me.
nothing you can do about people like that
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by JewMasatFlex
i would like to guess the word is...."retarded"?

WRONG

>_>
<_<

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I have a freind who can't play literally. He's been playing at least a year longer than me and he picks the strings like a 7yr old does, virtually hits them. And, he told me I should get better at tapping And then, he said the easiest thing he can play is Sanitarium. He struggled with the intro.
But you get these people who are like "OMFGORZ I CAN SHRD THIS RIFFAND I PWN IT INTO THE GROUND!!!!!!!!1111111oneoneoenoeneoneoneeleven". And so what?They might be able to shred but it's all about what you want to play, if you can put all your soul and emotion into a few notes, then you've just beat there face to the ground in about 3 seconds.
It's never personally happend to me (and hopefully won't), but everyone is good in their own right, whether it be the ability to pcik up and play tabs quickly or have long fingers or whatever. There's just some people with huge egos who like to make everyone else feel bad to boost their own morale.
I like it when people pick up a guitar, and you hear "hold on a second" or "wait" about five times as they **** up consecutively.
I dressed you... in her clothes. Now drive me far away...
its hard to have a guitar off. would it be a competeion on speed? creativity? what?
Quote by Dirge Humani
Who cares? IF you know you are better, then why do you care what they have to say? Does it embarrass you? Then suck it up.

Quote by IndieMetalhead

you 2 have almost the exact same avatar...

you budbuddy's or something?
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
actually this is pretty funny; in my technology class a few weeks ago thiers this kid who like lies about everything and thinks he can do anything saw this kids drum sheet music on his desk and was like thats easy stuff and the drummer kids like ok play it, and the fatty says i dont have any drums, drummers like use ure hands, hes like i need drum sticks. drummer pulls out drum sticks, fattys like i need drums... drummer pulls out practice pad... the kid was like "..." and walked away haha it was hilarious he got pwnt =0
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by avatar ang
I hate when someone's like " you suck at guitar. I'd kik ur azz at it". Then you challenge them to a "guitar-off" and they suck so bad. Then there like," O i wasnt doin my best".

Then the kid isn't a real guitarist.

See I realized something, unless your starting to learn how to play a fret on the guitar, you are good at the guitar, it's just there are people out there who have been playing longer then you and since they have more experience they are better then you.
Quote by IndieMetalhead

exceptionally smart.
Yes. It pisses me off to no end. I also get teased at school for playig guitar. My response?
My gear
Fender Bullet Reverb Amp
Foxxe Strat Copy
I Guitar Hero
Usually my friends (that are guitarists) call me bad because I'm better than them. Everyone else who says that either hates me or doesn't like rock.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by eltyr18
Then the kid isn't a real guitarist.

See I realized something, unless your starting to learn how to play a fret on the guitar, you are good at the guitar, it's just there are people out there who have been playing longer then you and since they have more experience they are better then you.

Very well said my good sir.

MarC
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
i hate when people say you suck just cause u cant play fast
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

In soviet russia, threads suck at you!
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
I do suck though
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
A few months after I started playing 2 of my friends came to pick me up, they came in to see how im doing with my guitar. I played the intro to "stay together for the kids" and the first solo in metallicas "fade to black" damn good. They were like you suck and made fun of me later on. I can still remember them saying that, did not do good for my confidence at all. Same with my dad, about a month into playing guitar he kept telling me I suck (he used to play), the outcome of that is, now, 4 years later(after dropping and picking up guitar) I still cant play when he is in the house.

Now when I bought my guitar a few friends came over with thiers and they showed me the basics, I sucked so bad I couldn't reach 2-4 but they never said a word. Even a few months after I started playing they still taught me stuff and pushed me to be as good as they were.

I guess what Im trying to say is that unless they play guitar and know their stuff don't listen to them. You will get crap when you play but you have to put that behind you.

Someone is ALWAYS going to be better than you.
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
The only thing I don't like is when people think you're bad because you don't know a lot of the songs that they listen to. I mean, I know a decent bit of songs, but it's not as if I spend every night looking at tabs for every piece of music I listen to. I just think there's a Hell of a lot more to Guitar than playing what someone else created.
Quote by im_hungry
I'm better than everybody in the entire world evaaaar so thats never happened to me.

LOL to avatar.
i hate it when people who don't know anything about guitar criticise you. What the hell do they know?
Quote by Kylster
The only thing I don't like is when people think you're bad because you don't know a lot of the songs that they listen to. I mean, I know a decent bit of songs, but it's not as if I spend every night looking at tabs for every piece of music I listen to. I just think there's a Hell of a lot more to Guitar than playing what someone else created.

Yep, where is the fun in playing a song you dont like? thats what i tell my friends

i hate it when people who don't know anything about guitar criticise you. What the hell do they know?

thats what I was trying to say with my post
Quote by Nelsean

Every genre of music has it's good and bad. People are just too ignorant to understand that.
Page 1 of 2