I'm looking for a new amp, somehting loud enough to play some smaller shows(since my band has a few planned up in the near future), and with 2 guitars and a drummer.. We play a lot of punk,scremo,post hardcore, metal, etc... like rise against, underoath, mcr, system of a down, just to name a few... i only have about $500 but its my birthday in about a month so i will probably break 650$... rhat would be a good map for what i want to do? o ya, and it should be LOUD!
Assuming you're in Canada, I recommend getting a Yorkville. They make quality stuff, and since they are Canadian you get a good price because you don't have to cover the cost of a tariff.

If that's not available, the Fender Bassman series is pretty sweet.
by the way, im currently using a ESP B-50 bass and a Washburn Bad Dog 30 amp..

And is this in the right forum? if it isnt- srry.. lol
haha more questions.... whats the difference between a normal amp like my BD30 and one of the big ones that are soemtiems used in shows that have the big box on the bottom with like 4 speakers and the little box on top with the dials and shit? haha i feel like a hardcore nooob.....and im pretty sure htis doesnt belong here but i dont feel liek starting anothe rthread but what should we use for mikes? we'd liek to have 2 mikes but we dont want to buy 2 amps.... what size of map would w enee dfor the vocals? and whats a metronoome? lol....i know, i know, im a noob
k thnx....could u connect one of the huge ass stacks to a amp to make it louder?
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
Not in the way your thinking, but you can connect a little amp combo to a bigass cabnit.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
well... it depends on whether the amo has a line out without disabling the internal speaker and on whether you actually want to do that.

Not really. If it doesn't, you can just solder another set of wires running from the combos speaker to the cab.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The other point I arose was why? There would be no purpose in putting a 10-30 watt amp on a 300-1000 watt stack.

True. But there would be a point in putting a 30 watt amp on a 50 watt stack. You can crank it lourder and move mroe air, without pushing your amp to hard. One of the guitarist from sonic youth did it, though he busted the head out of his combo...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I would recommend the yorkville XM-100 or XM-200. I have the 200 watt one and it's a great combo. I'm pretty sure it's 500$CAD.
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
k thnx.... i took a look at some reviews for the amps you guys mentioned... some of them said they werent loud enough for live shows... .... i really like the basssman 250/210 and the Rumble 100/210..... whats the biggeswt difference between these two amps? also, i couldnt find anything on price for them...
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
Well the Bassman is 250 watts compared to 100 watts in the rumble. And the Bassman has some weird thing where theres a sub EQ or something and theres two extra mid controls. And theres other features but thats what I can think of ff the top of my head.
I believe the Bassman also has Eminence speakers as well (could be wrong, this is off the top of my head).

I personally highly recommend either the Yorkville XM-100 or XM-200. The 200 is about $500-550 CDN new, so if you get that extra cash boost, it's well within your price range. I own the XM-200T (2x10), and I absolutely love it. It has very good tone and has been extremely reliable. Plus I got mine for $400, so that always helps
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
If you're looking for an amp for live shows, the yorkville XM-200 has great tone and goes pretty damn loud, it's great for any small to mid-sized gig.
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
kay thnx... ill check one out as soon as i gte a hcnace to make it to the city... closest music store is an hour away....
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
srry, i forgot to mention, my guitarist is using a 250 watt amp... i htink its a marshall....
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
^ Only if the guitarist is cranking his amp. And for the love of all things holy and ear-related, I hope he isn't.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Quote by canadianpunk071
^ Only if the guitarist is cranking his amp. And for the love of all things holy and ear-related, I hope he isn't.

He said the band has 2 guitarists.
Bass is my life.
^ I'm aware of that, I was mainly referring to the guitarist with the 250W amp. And trying to be a smartass

Even with 2 guitarists, 200-300 watts is sufficient for medium-sized gigs, especially considering most medium-sized venues have decent PA systems.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by canadianpunk071
^ I'm aware of that, I was mainly referring to the guitarist with the 250W amp. And trying to be a smartass

Even with 2 guitarists, 200-300 watts is sufficient for medium-sized gigs, especially considering most medium-sized venues have decent PA systems.

I think 400w should be enough.
Bass is my life.
Hey, more is better Headroom is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by canadianpunk071
Hey, more is better Headroom is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Ya, too bad I don't have much.

I'm hoping to get a either a 250w, 300w, or 400w head depending on what brand and price. I'll proboly get a 1x15 cab and then save up for a 4x10 cab.

I'll probobly have to wait until probobly late 2008 or sometime in 2009.
Bass is my life.
so should i still go with the Yorkville XM-200? or fender Bassman 250/210? The most id be able to make would be mabbe $700, andif im lucky my parents might lend me some $...
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
The Bassman is a better amp overall, but it's in a higher price bracket. If you can muster the cash for the Bassman, get it. Otherwise, go for the Yorkville.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

k.. whats ht ebassman gonna cost me? and can i hook it up to a borrowed stack if i eve rplay a really big show? my frends just picke dup a behringer ultrabass 1200... hell most likely be playing all the shows as us cuz hes ina band too...
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
well i will probably make it into the city tomoro so if im luvky ill come home with a new amp.... so far i think ill go with the fender... if u have nay othe ropinions make them now pelase... thnx
PTARMIGAN DUNE?
mine was less than 500 it was the fender bassman 150
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land